No announcement yet.

How do you tell your wife no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t know you could tell your wife no! Hey, it’s worked for me for 50 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      And Dad lived happily ever after. Love the ending to that story!

How do you stay happily married when she made you do something you did not want to do and you have to work longer and harder?
      I don't buy the happy wife happy life thing. I am in this marriage also and I count. Not just the money either.

Tell her we can't do it and thats that.
      Every line in this statement could be used from her point of view also.
      Is staying in the same house, "making her do something she doesn't want to do?
      Isn't she in this marriage also? I especially like that its followed up with "we cant do it and that's that" line. You do realize this whole statement contradicts itself

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I have no problem saying no but I’ve been known to be selfish[emoji15]. She rarely questions my expenses for hunting or fishing and lets me travel anywhere at anytime for those activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Are you ready for this to change?

Comment

How do I tell my wife "no"?

I don't very often, but when I have to it usually just sounds like "No".

Jennie wanted a new house last year. We could afford it and she wanted to move closer to the kids school. It would also put me closer to my office and we'd been in our house for 15 years. We already had a big house, so we bought a bigger house and spent a wad remodeling it. We put our old house on the market and moved into the new one. Seven months later, I told her "I'm moving back to Riverwalk and selling this house. I don't like the neighborhood, the neighbors or the fact that we have no acreage...start packing our ****". She said, "God, I'm glad you said that. I hate it here and can't wait to go back HOME." We put that house on the market and had a contract in four days. 2016 was a colossal cluster with us moving all our stuff in May and back in December....our kids call it our midlife crisis. We got lucky that the Harvey floodwaters stopped three doors down from that Kingwood house and we sold it for a good profit. My next move will be to the cemetery.

Sometimes, the grass ain't any greener. I don't have a problem telling my wife "no" and she doesn't have a problem accepting it. I told her years ago, "you might cut me off, but you can't make everyone cut me off".

Comment

I’ll sell you my house

Comment

Originally posted by esp View Post
              If you have no think about it , then you probably can't comfortably afford it.

That’s not the case. It’s more about does it make sense. I love to fish but can’t justify having buying a boat because I know I would use it once a month at most. I also want a UTV that would cost 15k but would only use it 8 times a year. I have thought about both for a long time but haven’t purchased one.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I have no problem saying no but I’ve been known to be selfish[emoji15]. She rarely questions my expenses for hunting or fishing and lets me travel anywhere at anytime for those activities.

That makes it simple......just tell her no cause it would keep you from being able to do those things. Just be a bit more selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Yes, it's not that difficult but I see some of you guys have made life really hard for yourselves lol. The OP even said his wife LETS him travel to go hunting. She LETS him??? WTH???

You took the word let’s literally[emoji23]. My wife knows that the 5 weeks vacation I get a year 3 weeks are spent hunting and 2 weeks are for her. I always communicate my hunting schedule with her and every once in a while she gives push back mainly around the holidays. It’s usually that she’s not spending Thanksgiving with my family while I’m hunting and the same for New Years.

Comment

If you been married over 30 years and ya'll are both over 60 just play dumb. If that don't work? Tell her that this subject real turns you on & start bugging her every day & night for a BJ & some good lovin'. She will start ignoring you right quick & in a hurry! Works for me! If that don't work!? Buy a motorcylce and take a one way ride to Cuba. #2 Is a winner, winner chicken diner!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I think she lost sight of the goal if this is the case...keeping up with Jones maybe??

Show her a plan of putting the said overage into your current mortgage...you are pretty young & can tell you there is a great sense of weight lifted when the mortgage is paid and no debt.

The problem is we don’t have a goal but that’s something we should work on. I’m not much a planner for anything so that doesn’t help.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                        if you been married over 30 years and ya'll are both over 60 just play dumb. If that don't work? Tell her that this subject real turns you on & start bugging her every day & night for a bj & some good lovin'. She will start ignoring you right quick & in a hurry! Works for me! If that don't work!? Buy a motorcylce and take a one way ride to cuba. #2 is a winner, winner chicken diner!
                        lol

Comment

We are about to build a house. I’m 40. What’s a couple hundred grand? Lol.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            Is there not any alternative areas you can build to get those things without doubling your mortgage?

I’m 7 miles from the office and she is 4 miles from hers. I could buy a really nice place with 20 acres 35 to 40 miles from the office but would never want to have that 1 to 1.5 hr daily commute.

Comment

How do you tell your wife no?

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              We are about to build a house. I’m 40. What’s a couple hundred grand? Lol.

Skinny

These are some of the houses she likes.

This is me when I get those text.

Last edited by Black Ice; 05-16-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

dang, them things probably cost a couple of hundred a month!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X