No announcement yet.

Public Land Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for you Smith. Lake Sam Rayburn is totally out of it's banks, like I have never seen!. Hope things get better for you.

Comment

It's a good problem for us to have bc we're on the first ridge out of the river bottom and that's where the water stops. I rarely hunt that place though, just been letting the buck population build over the past 5 years.

Comment

buckmaster, my hat is off to you sir. You definitely put in the time in the off season. I know thats what it takes to get a chance at a decent buck. Guess i am getting to lazy as I grow older, tromping around through the thick woods on a hot July day is not something I really look forward to anymore! Posion oak, ivy, ticks, skeeters, chiggers and snakes! Guess i am not as mad at them whitetails as I used to be! Good luck to you sir, if anyone deserves it you do!

Comment

Thanks Marshman, but the truth is I am just being irresponsible. lol

Comment

cyber scouting yes as I prefer to keep human intrusion to a minimum....but excess water is a good and bad thing.....bottoms are flooded , lakes are full and deer are no longer using the lake beds to travel but a lot of growth taking place as well....don't usually run camera's for fear they'd disappear....lol

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              cyber scouting yes as I prefer to keep human intrusion to a minimum....but excess water is a good and bad thing.....bottoms are flooded , lakes are full and deer are no longer using the lake beds to travel but a lot of growth taking place as well....don't usually run camera's for fear they'd disappear....lol
              HR3, I know what you mean. I have lost count of the cameras I have lost to thieves in the past 5-6 years. Lucky there are some decent inexpensive cameras to keep me going. I am starting to be a little careful on where I put them. I did get careless last year when I spotted an absolute giant of a track crossing the main county road. Put the camera out and lost it immediately.

But I do the cyber scouting also, to help narrow things down. It helps me be efficient and get to what seems to be the better spots quicker, though they are not always as good as it would appear on computer.

Comment

Ready to see what this lil fella does.

Wrong date

And this one

Comment

Real nice bucks there d_e_smith. Definitely something to be looking forward to. That first pic is awesome,. Just got to love a buck at a licking branch.

Comment

For just a 3yo, he looked pretty nice. I wish he'd find a rock to hide under and reappear for the 2018-2019 season.

Comment

probably gonna go this week and prep some trails

Comment

Still looking for a big boy to hunt. I have got one ten point, and a couple of nice 8 pointers, but the rest have been youngsters and a couple of outright culls.

These probably could grow another year or two
                        Attached Files

Comment

Where I am, I don't hunt the bucks in their living room. I find the does and let the bucks come to me. They can become ghosts when people hit the woods.

Comment

I'd like to try public land hunting sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X