10,000 miles in 2 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10,000 miles in 2 months?

Was looking at trucks on Carmax and saw a 2016 F250 diesel with only 35k miles. However, the service record shows that the title was transferred Oct/01/2016 at 0 miles then Dec/09/2016 service was performed at 10,000 miles. Then in March 2017 service performed at 21,000 miles.

So, 21,000 in 5 months, registered in Los Angeles after bing purchased in Dallas. Think it was a hot shot truck? It’s an XL, which I could see being used more for work than comfort.

No problems or warranty work recorded, but the mileage profile has me a little concerned. Any thoughts?

2 months or 2 years, milage is milage.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      2 months or 2 years, milage is milage.

I’m thinking more if the truck towed very heavy loads and was bought with the intent of unloading it before any wear showed up

Comment

Dang it! Not a recipe...please move to campfire if possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          I’m thinking more if the truck towed very heavy loads and was bought with the intent of unloading it before any wear showed up
          Gotcha, didnt understand your concerns. It only has 2 services recorded?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Gotcha, didnt understand your concerns. It only has 2 services recorded?

Not even really services. Both entries are CA emissions tests

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my new F150 company truck with 12 miles on the odometer one week after returning from this years Bownanza in late March. Guessing between the 20th - 25th??

Taking it in tomorrow AM for an oil change & already @ exactly 25k miles...it happens easily. If it indeed was a hotshot truck, had regular maintenance with a smoking price, I wouldn't fret. Too bad there isn't service history.

Comment

I put close to 40k miles on my truck during one hunting season. Between deer lease and duck/goose hunting. It was the year my wife was pregnant with my daughter, and I knew I would never get to hunt like that again. Lol

Comment

Im in sales and put 45-50k yearly on my truck for the last few years.

Comment

When I was running a construction company I regularly did 60k/70k a year on my truck.

Comment

Local outside sales and I did 55k a year................

Comment

I drive 50 thousand a year not hot shot
                        Just back and forth to work and getting supplies
                        I get new truck every 4 years

Comment

Does it have a GN hitch?
                          My last hotshot truck, I bought new and in 11 months I turned 100k on it. 10k in 2 months is pretty slow for a hotshot truck. Well for an oilfield HS truck when its booming, that's slow.

Comment

Working...
                          X