I made a two brick forge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
    Where did you get your fire bricks I'm looking for some?
    It was given to me by a guy named Eric who used to make knives. But there's also a place here in Austin that sells it.

I suspect there are places in Dallas, too, if you just google around. I just googled "fire brick dallas," and this was the first thing to come up:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
        It was given to me by a guy named Eric who used to make knives. But there's also a place here in Austin that sells it.

I suspect there are places in Dallas, too, if you just google around. I just googled "fire brick dallas," and this was the first thing to come up:

http://www.gartexmasonry.com/#!fire-place-materials
        Thanks. I tried to make a paint can forge and it was a fail, so i'm going to try and go this route.

Comment

Thanks. I tried to make a paint can forge and it was a fail, so i'm going to try and go this route.
          I get mine at clay structures in seagoville....I see you're south of dallas...

Comment

Mine didn't last long before cracking in half, so you might try something else to hold the bricks together, like maybe chicken wire or something. Or maybe some refractory cement.

Comment

Working...
            X