No announcement yet.

hunting in Liberty county Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all the above. Snakes, poachers, humid and hit and miss on the deer. But I have had a great time hunting here. Especially as close to home as it is. I can leave the office at 2:30 and be on stand by 3:30. And lots of hogs.

Comment

I live in Liberty and if I could have my pick of places anywhere in the world to hunt it would be in Liberty County. Having said that, I don't hunt here because I don't have access to the places I would choose. There are some private tracts that butt up against the Federal land along the Trinity River just north of Liberty that grow monster deer that seldom get seen. Any of the riverbottom country in Liberty County has the potential for a toad but those deer are muy savvy. You might get one to mess up in the October bow season but you're usually fighting mosquitos and heat so bad it's hard to sit still. That country south of Cleveland is no different. I would concentrate on bow season and hope for cool fronts. Don't set a feeder up and expect to hunt deer over it. Some deer will frequent it if the hogs don't take it over but a three year old won't. These deer are exposed to a lot over here as mentioned in the above posts. If you're a rifle hunter I would climb as high as you feel comfortable with in a tree (the higher the better), set up a good, comfortable lockon, and watch a two to three year old clearcut with good binoculars. Watch for the broomweed to move early or late and pick it apart with binoculars for a mossback. Late in December can be a sleeper time in the right clearcut. Good luck with the new lease.

Comment

River bottom is the place for sure. I too am blessed with a camp just 15 minutes fom work or the house.

Comment

I hunted on a private ranch there last February. Its a really well managed ranch and we saw tons of deer. I think there is a lot of potential in Liberty Co. Even in February there were skeeters and we saw two snakes. I'm sure bow season is something.

Comment

Thanks for the post... still hunt on this lease?

Comment

I have access to about 100 acres that buts of to the trinity river refuge. I will attest to some very good deer in that area. Like Ricky said, there are some real honey holes here.

Sent from Texas via tapatalk!

Comment

Hello Guys I know this is an old thread but I am about to move to Dayton and I am looking for a lease close to the house. Anyone know of any?

Comment

Working...
                X