No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemed like the Highland Park got sweeter the further into the bottle I went.
    Illusione is a really good smoke, got some depth to it that's trying to fight through and balance out Laphroaig's brine, salt, and tar. Might turn out to be a fair fight after all.

Comment

Awesome report. May have to try both myself. I'm really liking the Tatuaje, but the burn isn't the best and it loses it's ash easily. Very nice flavor though, kinda spicey.

Comment

Illusione doing alright in the ash retention department, but the peated malt in the scotch has got the flavor war now on lockdown.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very cool. Approaching the end myself. You can see that the burn is a little inconsistent, and the flavor is all over the place. Very complex. Went from very smooth, to quite a spicey bite, and back. Will definitely smoke one again.

Comment

Picked up a few to sample today. Some Cubana Reals, a 90 Miles and 2 Rodmans. Looking forward to the Dennis Rodman Threesome, starts out Connecticut and ends up Maduro. The Drew Estate Chateau Real Noble Habana is my favorite light smoke.
            Attached Files

Comment

Fausto's been good to me so far.
              Round 2?
              Attached Files

Comment

Or...?
                Attached Files

Comment

You guys go for it. Sadly, I have to get some work done for Monday. Need to spend a few hours behind a mouse and keyboard, but will be back at it tomorrow evening. Contemplating now what my next matchup may be. You guys are sure making me want more than I have. May have to make a stop on Monday to pick up some new, different stuff. Maybe a couple new sips of spirits as well.

Comment

The Cask I've had and really liked, A LOT. However, Glenrothes looks interesting. May push you in that direction.

Muzzlebreak, you've got a great selection there. Never heard of the Rodmans, but am interested to hear what they're like. Looks like you've got some work to do.
                    Last edited by Ron Meloni; 01-21-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Now who would have ever thought that a bunch of old bowhunters were as sophisticated as we are?

Comment

Man O' War = awesome cigars!

Comment

Tomorrow's menu.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Now who would have ever thought that a bunch of old bowhunters were as sophisticated as we are?
                            No kidding, we're -------- in tall cotton as my mom always said. Haha!

Will definitely be tuning in Grumbler, you've got the good stuff.

May try my LFD Factory Press tomorrow.

Comment

Glenrothes really well-mannered.
                              Smooth as as my Strother.
                              May be the best intro to scotch yet for the non-initiated. Pretty impressive stuff!

Comment

Oops, Bowmore pretty slick too. Little more pop under the hood. But the peat is not over the top. Best mix of peat and drinkability yet. 2 winners!

Comment

Working...
                                X