No announcement yet.

etoufee. any good recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a WHOLE book of recipes when I was visiting with Blake last summer!!!!

Comment

I have to make this dish some day!
      Thanks Cajun Blake!

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Only thing I'd do different is the rice. Use 20-minute Uncle Ben's white rice. Determine the amount of water you need for the amount of rice you are going to cook (directions on the box). Boil that amount of water and drop a beef bullion cube in for every cup of water. Mix that up until the cube dissolves. Shake in some Cajun Blaze seasoning.

Put some butter in a pan for the rice and melt it. Dump in the rice and saute the rice for a minute or two until all the rice is well-buttered. Now pour the bullion into the rice pan and stir it up, turn heat down to simmer. Put a lid on it and simmer for 20 minutes. Let it stand after that until all the water is gone/soaked up.

Now, THAT's some good rice.
      Just a suggestion, did you try Basmati rice, or Chinese perfume rice, those are wonderful!!!?

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
      Really want to try this recipe. But all I could find was already cooked, ready to eat crawfish tails. Would you just drop em in for a minute just to heat em up or still cook the eight minutes?
      You also could buy an rice' cooker!!! So easy and success guaranty, it changed my live! lol

Comment

We have ribeyes covered in etoufee' for our Christmas meal... We're done it the last 4 years and love it over the traditional turkey and dressing. The other entrees change a little, had stuffed flounder this last year. Delish!

Comment

Being born and raised in South Louisiana a good etouffee is something that is on the stove around my house at least 3-4 time a month. I'm not a fan of frozen crawfish or any seafood that matter that has been in the freezer more than a month or two at the most. Therefor as Cajun Blake has recommended a good shrimp etouffee with good Gulf of Mexico shrmip is awesome. I like to make a shrimp and crab etouffee when crawfish are not in season. Some good stuff

I have also experimented with Chicken etouffee, cube up some nice plump breast meat and its tasty. I won't get long winded on here but cooking is all about experimenting and trying new things, with that in mind, duck breast etouffee, dove breast ......... you get the idea

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1@yahoo.com View Post
            Being born and raised in South Louisiana a good etouffee is something that is on the stove around my house at least 3-4 time a month. I'm not a fan of frozen crawfish or any seafood that matter that has been in the freezer more than a month or two at the most. Therefor as Cajun Blake has recommended a good shrimp etouffee with good Gulf of Mexico shrmip is awesome. I like to make a shrimp and crab etouffee when crawfish are not in season. Some good stuff

I have also experimented with Chicken etouffee, cube up some nice plump breast meat and its tasty. I won't get long winded on here but cooking is all about experimenting and trying new things, with that in mind, duck breast etouffee, dove breast ......... you get the idea
            Chicken and sausage instead of crawfish is awesome, then it become a sauce picante. One of my favorite meals.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
              THis is excellent over steak but a crawfish cream sauce is even better imo over a ribeye and only takes about 10 minutes to make.

Crawfish cream sauce=
              1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails
              1 pint whipping cream
              1/2 stick butter
              t table spoon minced garlic
              1/3 diced small purple onion
              1/2 finely diced bell pepper
              1/2 bushel diced green onions
              cajun seasoning and black pepper

sautee onion, garlic, bell pepper. add whipping cream and crawfish along with seasoning. reduce cream down to about half. Turn fire down to warm and add diced greenn onions and let mixture thicken. Pour over ribeye.

Ragin Cagin- I made this for my wife on V Day. It was absolutely outstanding. And easy to make.

Served it over rib-eyes. She couldn't get over how good it was. Said it was "restaurant quality".

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                Chicken and sausage instead of crawfish is awesome, then it become a sauce picante. One of my favorite meals.
                Now you're getting me hungry for a good rabbit or redfish sauce piquante

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
                  Ragin Cagin- I made this for my wife on V Day. It was absolutely outstanding. And easy to make.

Served it over rib-eyes. She couldn't get over how good it was. Said it was "restaurant quality".

Thanks for the recipe.
                  glad you liked it man. I cooked 15 lbs of crawfish for some of our vendors last night in a etoufee and got a few packs left so i think i will have to make a little cream sauce for some steaks this weekend.

Comment

Whatever reipe you use, dont forget the andouille or the tasso whichever you prefer. Either will add a smokey spicey flavor that brings the dish to another level

Comment

This looks delicious!

Comment

these recipes sound so good! got to try one!

Comment

Marking!!!!

Comment

I am gonna try this

Comment

Send a PM to 23wyatt and beg him for his recipe... Its great

Comment

Bumping this to the top. I have just enough crawfish left over to make it.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X