No announcement yet.

etoufee. any good recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoo tried it and loved it thanks Cajun blake.

Comment

blake!! SEND paper towels,,, i drooled all over desk...

Comment

That's an awesome looking dish. I've not seen one without an cream based sauces.

Comment

Quick question. I love seafood dishes, but never have the guts to cook them. I dont know if the local HEB has the crawfish tails. But if it does, do I get crawfish tails and clean them out and use those tails and boil them in water to make the 2 quarts of crawfish stock. And what about if I would like to add shrimp to it?

Comment

Originally posted by SoTxHunter View Post
            Quick question. I love seafood dishes, but never have the guts to cook them. I dont know if the local HEB has the crawfish tails. But if it does, do I get crawfish tails and clean them out and use those tails and boil them in water to make the 2 quarts of crawfish stock. And what about if I would like to add shrimp to it?

nothing to be afraid of brother, just get in the kitchen and follow the recipe directions..... cooking is very simple .

I started cooking when i was 10 yrs old making chili cheese omelettes for my then 8 yr old brother. When I was 12 I was cooking dove breasts in the microwave with wine

rule of thumb in cooking .. "slow and low" , and don't overcook your meat (beef, pork, seafood, etc...)

if possible, buy Louisiana crawfish as the tails are peeled and come in a 1 lb. vacuum sealed bag. LA crawfish are farm raised to be fuller and have more meat, as you can definitely taste the difference from imported crawfish. LA crawfish tails are already cleaned, peeled, and de-veined.

LA seafood processors have to have a permit and meet strict gov't regulations before their food product can be sold to the public.

Chinese crawfish have flooded the market are are much smaller and tatse "mealy". China does NOT regulate the farming industry and for all we know, these crawfish could be raised in a sewer with chemicals added.

On avg., peeled LA crawfish tails will cost $8 - $10 per pound, as Asian crawfish sell for $4 pound.

You can easily substitute shrimp yet buy local and avoid the imported stuff. You get what you pay for, and not worth ruining a meal by saving a few dollars to buy a lesser quality product.

Crawfish stock is made by boiling the shells & heads to get flavored water. It's not necessary for the etoufee' as you can use regular water. For shrimp etoufee', you can use the shells & heads to make a stock, or just use powdered shrimp which also makes a seafood stock.

imported Chinese crawfish don't waste your money

Certified LA product, with permit number on packaging.

shrimp etoufee'

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-20-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!! Sometime in the next week I'm going to look for the ingredients and try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I tried it last Friday. It came out awesome. I didn't find Louisiana crawfish but cooked it anyway. I used 1 pound crawfish and 1 pound shrimp. I can't imagine how much better it would of come out if I would of used the non-imported crawfish. Thanks!!

Comment

mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm

Comment

I'm jealous!!! Looks delicious!!

Comment

Man that makes hungry. When are you coming over to fix dinner?

Comment

You guys are all making me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTxHunter View Post
                          Well, I tried it last Friday. It came out awesome. I didn't find Louisiana crawfish but cooked it anyway. I used 1 pound crawfish and 1 pound shrimp. I can't imagine how much better it would of come out if I would of used the non-imported crawfish. Thanks!!

very impressive SoTxHunter

another suggestion..... save some of the etoufee' and you can serve it over blackened redfish, fried catfish, or a ribeye steak mighty fine eatin'

Comment

wow

Comment

Thanks CBLAKE!!

Actually, using it as a sause over fish or steak sounds like a great idea.

Comment

THis is excellent over steak but a crawfish cream sauce is even better imo over a ribeye and only takes about 10 minutes to make.

Crawfish cream sauce=
                                1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails
                                1 pint whipping cream
                                1/2 stick butter
                                t table spoon minced garlic
                                1/3 diced small purple onion
                                1/2 finely diced bell pepper
                                1/2 bushel diced green onions
                                cajun seasoning and black pepper

sautee onion, garlic, bell pepper. add whipping cream and crawfish along with seasoning. reduce cream down to about half. Turn fire down to warm and add diced greenn onions and let mixture thicken. Pour over ribeye.
                                Last edited by RaginCagin; 02-10-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X