No announcement yet.

Kisser button or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes for me when shooting a compound. A kisser is not complicated, no more so than a peep. A compound is already a complicated device, so we broke the KISS rule simply by shooting one vs a trad bow. I like them for an extra point of reference on awkward angled shots. We are all different so use what you are confident in.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      No, I've got enough crap on my string to worry about.

If you have a solid anchor point and the proper sized peep to sight housing reference.....why add some more crap on your string. KISS
      I don't have string leaches like most people do, but I figure the one kisser button probably weighs less than the typical 2 string silencers.

Comment

No, I’ve never even shot with one

Comment

I used to love a kisser button, until it sent half my mustache down range one day. Instantly removed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's this?!?!?!?!? Any archery related thread on TBH? it can't be!

No kisser button for me. I've never used one. So I'm not opposed. I'm just without opinion on this one..... I know, I know.... me of all people without an opinion! That carrys about the same odds as an archery related thread being posted to TBH!

Comment

I never used them back in the day, but since I started shooting shorter A2A bows I use one now.

Since my nose doesn't touch the string on the shorter bows I need that extra reference point. I also use a crimped brass nock and not a full on kisser button.

Comment

I've shot kisser button and no peep, peep and no kisser button, and kisser button with a peep. I actually prefer the later as it gives me two anchoring reference points and I feel like I shoot tighter groups at all yardages. I'll take accuracy over speed any day, and the weight of a kisser button is not going to slow the bow down enough to notice.

Comment

It's something I've considered.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Learned to use multiple anchor points and no kisser. After taking a break from archery for a while, getting back into it I put one on my bow and was shooting like I was before in no time. Shot with it for a couple ears and decided I didn't need it anymore. I'm really considering going back to one, especially when shooting at different angles you cant always rely on other anchor points and with the kisser you always know without a doubt in the heat of the moment you're anchored right.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Yes and have a nock for my nose
                      Same here and no peep

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3CFB3287-DF30-4845-AFA9-0CED3B880437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	24535982
                        Small nock point tied in for a kisser. Keeps my form in check.

Comment

Being a big guy whose fat cheeks keep his nose from touching the string, I am finally considering using a kisser button to help improve my anchor accuracy by giving me another reference. I used to be more concerned with a few more FPS than adding another reference but not anymore. I have caught myself recently being "set" in the heat of the battle and then realizing I am not as aligned as I needed to be. Hopefully it will improves my consistency and therefore my accuracy.

Comment

kisser and no peep.

Comment

Good info. I like the tied on kisser nock idea. Never even heard of nose nock. Awesome!

Comment

Nope; peep for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X