Which pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pack?

I signed up to compete in the Train to Hunt event at Cinnamon Creek Ranch. I will need a pack that can carry 50# in part of the competition. I am looking for a pack that will do that and double as my hunting pack this fall. I primarily plan on tree stand hunting and bring my tree stand in. I’ll be hunting Texoma mostly so I might have to walk a bit. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      What's your budget?

$250-$300

Comment

How often do you use a pack hunting, and how often do you want to strap game animals to it?

Comment

Mystery Ranch has a sale on now. They are great packs and will haul over 50lbs easily. I use mine(pintler) as a day pack in south tx. and elk hunting in CO.

Comment

Kifaru, Eberlstock, Kuiu, Mystery Ranch. This is where I would start. They all make good packs that fit your bill. Packs are like bows. You gotta find one that fits you well.

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
              Mystery Ranch has a sale on now. They are great packs and will haul over 50lbs easily. I use mine(pintler) as a day pack in south tx. and elk hunting in CO.
              You like your pintler?

I am looking at that for a possible elk hunt. Likely going to truck camp, but I'd like a pack for spiking out overnight up to a couple of days, that works for a day pack and hauling meat.

Comment

Buy a kifaru frame. Best bet is to get one used off of rokslide.com. They just released some new frames so lots of guys will be looking to upgrade. You can strap weight direct to the frame for the TTH, with no need for a bag. Lots of bag options when you are ready. The cargo panel or cargo net make that a very versatile system. I use mine all the dang time. From elk hunting to hauling treestands to hauling corn to hard to access spots. I have packed 3 whitetails out whole with it. Not all at the same time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs117 View Post
                  $250-$300

Best bet is to find a used kifaru, EXO, MR or Stone Glacier. Which ever you can find in that price range buy it.

Comment

I've carried over 60lbs up and down the mountains of Philmont in a Osprey.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Eberlstock that I use elk hunting and I really like it. Kuiu make some of the lightest packs Ive ever seen, really nice but kinda $$

Comment

Check out the Horn Hunter Full Curl system! You should be able to find one under $300 new. I've had one for a couple of years. I've had 70+ pounds in it multiple times and it carries it very well.

Comment

Badlands Clutch on amazon for about $260

Comment

I'd get a plain frame from Kifaru, Frontier Gear, or Stone Glacier, then lash your stuff to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                              I'd get a plain frame from Kifaru, Frontier Gear, or Stone Glacier, then lash your stuff to it.

I really like this idea. I’m pretty sure this is exactly what the other guys I’ve talked to are doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X