• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray it

Comment

Spray with a broadleaf weed killer with 2-4D and it will smoke it down

Comment

Call in an air strike. Napalm should work well.

Comment

Stinging nettle, as mentioned above. I've never seen a patch as large as yours. I got in bull nettle (shown above) a couple years ago and it turned into cellulitis. Not fun!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
            Stinging nettle, as mentioned above. I've never seen a patch as large as yours. I got in bull nettle (shown above) a couple years ago and it turned into cellulitis. Not fun!

That’s a small patch . Probably have close to 1/4 acre of it in one spot .

Comment

I've controlled it with 24D, but have yet to completely rid of it. I get it in small scattered clumps, 4 ft areas at most. Gotta stay on top of it. I would probably be rid of it if I would spray more than once a year. I'm sure round up would work also.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Call in an air strike. Napalm should work well.
                This. And mow it again fire disk it **** on it

Comment

Yes. Stinging nettle
                  Showed up on our place for the first time last year. We have a big easter party for a lot of kids so had heck trying to kill it before the party. Some places the 2-4d worked. Some places it didn't. Have some coming back. Don't remember what amount I used last year but I will at least double the strength this year
                  FYI. Nothing eats it

Comment

Borrow the flame thrower that was on here and light it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      I mow pretty regular . Makes it worse . Spreads the seeds . It has a spine on the stem . Fine little hairs
                      weed and feed will take care of most of that stuff

Comment

Nothing designates spring’s arrival like walking barefoot on a lawn of lush, green grass. This pleasant experience can often turn into a painful, sticky situation with the presence of lawn burweed. Other names for this weed are spurweed and stinging grass. Lawn burweed (Soliva sessilis) is a winter annual that germinates throughout thin turf in the fall months as temperatures cool. It remains small and inconspicuous during the cold winter months. However, as temperatures warm in the early spring, lawn burweed initiates a period of rapid growth and... Read More →

Comment

Showed up on our place 2 years ago... just a few spots around the edge of the barn... last year along the shady edges of the barn and house... this year it's on steroids!! Got it bad! I put the Round-up to it and it kills it right away, but if you miss any of it, it will just keep growing and spreading... It does die off once the weather gets warmer... Next year, I will put out a pre-emergent herbicide to hopefully keep it from germinating. My grandson got into some of it last year and it tore him up! With all this rain, it's really growing and spreading fast!

Comment

Strummer,
                            Our property is deep sandy soil. We used to have bull thistle bad. I tried spraying it with different things and it looked like I was killing it but I never could get rid of it. I finally talked to someone with Dow chemical and they told me that bull thistle has a long tap root and it might look like you are killing the plant but it may not be actually killing the root. Switched to hand spraying using Milestone. I used to drive around on the four wheeler spraying the plants. You do have to get them before they flower and produce seeds or a new plant will pop up. After 2-3 years of doing this my place is bull thistle free now. I have not seen any in the last couple of years. All my neighbors still have it bad.
                            My point is we need to use the right tool to kill it.
                            I do have some of this stinging nettle now. Started last spring that I know of. I'll try anything, fire, roundup etc but if it doesn't totally kill the plant, we are not really doing anything.
                            Last year I put out about 6 quarts of 2-4D but I really don't think it did much. It's too late for the pre-emergence stuff and I'm more of reactor than a planner to this stuff so I'm not sure that will ever help. It grows in the woods also so that would make it difficult to spray as well.
                            I pulled up milestone and it doesn't say anything about controlling stinging nettle but I might try some though. I might also try using our fire torch to burn it up. That might just burn off the leaves but I'm not sure if it will kill the plant.
                            Let me know if you find anything that really works. With the constant rain we are having it will make it difficult for me to get out there and spray,

Comment

Get you a goat. They will eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                                Get you a goat. They will eat it.
                                Mine won't touch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X