No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty slow weekend for us. Cold front coming in this week should pick things up a little. Did any of you guys see bucks chasing does? We saw some bucks running nose down kinda through me off as I would figure a couple more weeks before the start.

Comment

Congrats to your old man, Daniel! That buck is a hoss

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
        I’ve got 7-9 days to hunt our place west of Sonora, when the best week??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        After hunting down here for the past 17-18 yrs its usually the week of Thanksgiving or the week after that has most of the mature bucks roaming and the rut hitting hard.

Comment

I didn’t see any bucks chasing or interested in does this weekend. Saw lots of deer but the mature deer aren’t coming to feeders much. I did blast a Ram yesterday evening.

Comment

Nice Ram !!!!! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Pretty slow weekend for us. Cold front coming in this week should pick things up a little. Did any of you guys see bucks chasing does? We saw some bucks running nose down kinda through me off as I would figure a couple more weeks before the start.
              Hey grant, a little slow at our place this weekend too. But I did see a couple bucks checking does and running a few of them, not running them hard but would chase them around a little. In fact my son was ****** at one buck because he chased off a big doe he was just about to squeeze off on.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                How did everyone do today?

I saw quite of a few young bucks with good horns just nothing mature. My dad shot the target buck we were after this morning.

We have been seeing this deer at different locations and my old man drew the lucky card this morning and got him. Pictures don’t do him justice.

Heck of a buck congrats to your dad!

Comment

Got this old 9 yesterday.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 88 Bound; 11-06-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, he was super excited when he walked out and took him down. Here are a few game camera pictures of him as the pictures of him on the ground dont do him justice.

We will be back in town hunting the Nov. 17th to 22nd. So hopefully more of the big boys will get up and moving. I know things typically dont start heating up until after Thanksgiving at least in our area so we will prob be out there again for a week in first of December.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some nice bucks!

I shot an older 9 point I've been watching for the last few years.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24518498
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8895.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24518499

Comment

Good looking deer! Got some good mass on him.

Comment

Nice bucks and ram, y'all!

We're trying to decide what constitutes a "trophy" and what a management buck is on our place. Honestly, they'd all be management bucks and culls in most other areas of the state. I've had one trailcam pic of a 10pt (back in the summer). We have 1 mature 9pt that is a decent buck. Everything else is an 8 or less. Some of the mature 8s are decent (120-130 class deer. Some are little short-tined basket racks. There are a few crap rack mature 6s or other jacked up rack, no browtines, etc. obvious culls.

We'll have zero impact on the low fence genetics, regardless of which bucks we shoot. But our lease allows us 1 trophy and 1 cull each. I'm there for the axis mostly. But we'll shoot some whitetail too. What do some of y'all call a trophy or a management or cull buck in this area?

Comment

Yeah he was pretty heavy horned

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              We saw them running does too, never been this early before.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                                We saw them running does too, never been this early before.
                                They weren't even close to changing does at my lease!

Comment

Working...
                                X