Water stations for illegals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    I’d rather have them come for that water and get caught then die in the brush, just my opinion though. I see those all the time going to and from school in kingsville. I always see a border patrol truck relatively close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growing down there between San Diego and Benavidez, I remember my Aunt feeding the walkers, and giving them water and tacos .. back in the 70's

Comment

I agree that its like a bait station, but the word gets out that we have watering stations in place for illegals and I don't doubt for a single second that it encourages many more to try their luck and come on over....

I guess my main problem with it is that:
      A) we are all most likely paying for this
      B) it in no way discourages them from coming over.

It's like HEB making food labels in Spanish. Let's make it even easier for these people to come to our country and thrive. I know Mexico wouldn't make thing easier for us if the shoe was on the other foot....just sayin'.....

Comment

I also understand your points of view about helping keep someone alive. But I have a different opinion. If you want to get over here so bad, figure it out. We should in no way make a situation easier for people and then be complaining about the problem we have with illegal foot traffic. I am an Aggie, but that still makes no sense to me!

Comment

Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.

Comment

First and foremost they are human beings.

Comment

I would definitely prefer to see tax dollars spent on keeping our borders safe and secure, rather than making it easier for folks to illegally come here.
              Yet, I do not want anyone to suffer an agonizing death when/if it can be prevented.
              If we know people are travelling a particular route and are in high risk of danger/the elements and we do nothing, what does that say about us?
              See Luke 10:25-37 for what we should do and who is our 'neighbor'.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.

Can’t agree with you on this one. Come into the port of entry correctly or don’t come at all.

If you choose to it’s at your own risk, period.

“Good people” don’t break the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

“Good people” don’t break the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  That's funny, I believe we are both good people and I'll almost bet you that you break the law every day..hell I know I do

Comment

Good point. In no way do I wish intentional harm on anyone, but if the shoe was on the other foot no one would give a flip. My main view is with Mike D. Do it correctly or take the gamble, knowing the potential danger. We,as a country, have a huge border problem. But in being good stewards of humanity we are making it worse on ourselves. And probably at the expense of taxpayers to boot.

Comment

Shouldn't be there IMO. Come legal or take the chance. Call me callous, cruel or whatever. You are a criminal & if you perish so be it. I don't have to pay tax dollars to run you through the system.

Comment

Actions come with risks and consequences.
                        They all know the risks and they know what the potential consequences are.

I don't want anyone to die.. but I wont be guilt shamed because someone took it upon themselves to chance the risk and lost.
                        I wont enable them either.

"YOU COULD DIE" should be a sufficient deterrent to committing the crime....keeps me from doing some pretty stupid ****.

Comment

I'll go ahead and ask- can I put a bow blind up on one of em?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Actions come with risks and consequences.
                            They all know the risks and they know what the potential consequences are.

"YOU COULD DIE" should be a sufficient deterrent to committing the crime....keeps me from doing some pretty stupid ****.
                            Hypothetically speaking along those very lines, A fella had his Passport seized by Officials in Ecuador, his employer might have told him to go home by any means necessary . The border between Ecuador and Columbia is bad, or so they say...I bet it took him 3 weeks to make it back into the the US..
                            I'm betting "You could die" crossed his mind a few times but did not even slow him down..

Comment

Hypothetically speaking along those very lines, A fella had his Passport seized by Officials in Ecuador, his employer might have told him to go home by any means necessary . The border between Ecuador and Columbia is bad, or so they say...I bet it took him 3 weeks to make it back into the the US..
                              I'm betting "You could die" crossed his mind a few times but did not even slow him down..
                              took the risk and won.
                              Not sure what your point was?

Comment

It shouldn't be as quick and easy as doing an address change to become a citizen of the United States of America. It should be a hard process because then it has meaning to those that achieved it.
                                By us allowing illegal aliens to circumvent the legal process is a slap in the face to those that came here legally and those that are in the process to do so.
                                I believe it also makes a statement that we as Americans don't value our country or our own citizenship.
                                Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X