Net Neutrality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
    Yes I understand...my response was meant to be tongue in cheek. Although I would argue there is a subculture of people who would claim that access to the internet makes life worth living...take this website for instance I kid I kid.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One thing is certain: If you let government fix whatever problem you're currently having, you will end up with more and worse problems after government is through "fixing" things. And it doesn't matter what letter the government fixers have after their names.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        One thing is certain: If you let government fix whatever problem you're currently having, you will end up with more and worse problems after government is through "fixing" things. And it doesn't matter what letter the government fixers have after their names.
        Yes sir......every time

Typically what gov. does is screw it up then convince people that they are the solution to fix it

Comment

Nevermind....this clears it all up straight from the horses mouth....lol

Ajit Pai has been at the heart of the net neutrality debate and he would like to take this time to address all of the internet trolls with a PSA.Subscribe to...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            SURELY you understand those are more essential to life than access to the internet.

Surely. [emoji52]

Did you know most medical records that are used to save people's lives are stored and accessed via the internet?

Ambulances use GPS and other medical devices that are tracked via the internet.

How does CVS get that Warfarin prescription from your doctor? Its not a post it note.
            Its the internet.

How do you select your health insurance coverage?
            On the internet.

How does your doctor get paid for treating your illness?
            They submit a invoice via the internet.

Comment

I think I would rather pay the providers or companies rather than the government so I think it's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                Did you know most medical records that are used to save people's lives are stored and accessed via the internet?

How does CVS get that Warfarin prescription from your doctor? Its not a post it note.

Its the internet.

On the internet.

Yes but that doesn’t affect the average consumer that is watching Netflix, YouTube Facebook, etc.

I understand e-Commerce and such is part of the Internet. Surely you understand that’s what I was referring to.

Surely. [emoji53]

Comment

Its the internet.

On the internet.

Yes, but you can do all those things without the internet, it just makes life easier. Thats why its a luxury not a necessity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Food, water, shelter..............and the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                      Yes, but you can do all those things without the internet, it just makes life easier. Thats why its a luxury not a necessity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Nobody is keeping paper medical records anymore.
                      So if you're allergic to medicines or if you are taking Medicine A which is known bad reactor with Medicine B that won't be caught because the internet is down.

The internet is our e-highway and needs to be controlled just like the Federal highway interstate system

When liberals like Ted Turner control market share of internet companies and quintuple internet rates for hunting websites and forums and the green screen is forced to shutdown I'm sure folks round here will sing different tune.

Comment

So if you're allergic to medicines or if you are taking Medicine A which is known bad reactor with Medicine B that won't be caught because the internet is down.

The internet is our e-highway and needs to be controlled just like the Federal highway interstate system

When liberals like Ted Turner control market share of internet companies and quintuple internet rates for hunting websites and forums and the green screen is forced to shutdown I'm sure folks round here will sing different tune.

Omg how did we live without the internet before? [emoji15]

The sky is falling, the sky is falling......

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Omg how did we live without the internet before? [emoji15]

The sky is falling, the sky is falling......

Tfan has a hard time grasping that there are already rules in place to keep his nightmare scenarios from taking place.....if they were not the apocalypse he's worried about would have happened already. AL Gore INVENTED THE DANG OVER 20 YEARS AGO.

Comment

LoL there is a HUGE thread in ATC about cryptos..
                            All that is run off....The Internet.

Stock markets???
                            Internet.

Its bigger than y'all think.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                              This is exactly the reason why it was killed. Like it or not, Net Neutrality was one of the good things to come out of that administration. To kill it only further empowers the Internet Service Providers and will strain businesses like SlingTV, Netflix, Hulu and other online-only streaming content providers. This was a big win for big business and establishment cable providers. If you were ever looking to cut the chord on cable, this just made it that much harder.
                              Well, that might not be so bad. I don't do streaming video, so it may mean my kps may go up.

Those streaming video sources need to pay their fair share.

Comment

It must be down every time I go to the doctor. Same old questions, drugs being taken, allergies.

Comment

Working...
                                X