No announcement yet.

Would you go vegan if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the healthiest people I knew. I mean spitting image of health. Never drank a drop of alcohol or used tobacco a day in their lives died befor 30 of lung cancer and bone cancer... live life, forget fad diets. Of coarse everything in moderation

They lived that lifestyle because they enjoyed it, not to live forever.... but if vegan is what you enjoy... go for it.

Most I've seen or know, I wouldn't wish their body on my worst enemy

Comment

Have watched the video and it is full of inaccuracies.

No, I would not become a Vegan.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
        The highest sources of amino acids are: watercress and spirulina (which even exceed meat), pumpkin, leafy greens, hemp seeds, chia seeds, soybeans, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and sunflower butter, almonds, avocados, figs, raisins, quinoa, and wheat

If it saved my life I would cut back.
        To extend the topic further, by following this diet of seeds and nuts...

One would quickly hit the scales at "highly overweight" with the effort to ingest the same equivalent of protein nutrients in seeds and nuts as compared to animal protein. It just isn't there. Start with the tasty marketing favorite avocado.

Comment

I couldn't do it. Gotta have my wild game!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            The highest sources of amino acids are: watercress and spirulina (which even exceed meat), pumpkin, leafy greens, hemp seeds, chia seeds, soybeans, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and sunflower butter, almonds, avocados, figs, raisins, quinoa, and wheat

If it saved my life I would cut back.
            Compare all of those values to fish, chicken, and eggs. There is no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
              I had both and switched to Ketogenic way of eating. Off all Type 2 meds and soon to be off bp meds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              I checked into this very thing with my Dr. Today

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                The Bible says your days are numbered. And that we are to take care of ourselves because we are not ours but his. To think anything you do will add one second to your life in my opinion is laughable

Bible also says not to call anything created unclean to eat. We were created to eat food to survive. Both meat and plant. Anydiet other than that is someone with an agenda
                I guess you don't eat pork

Comment

If I had issues like that you bet your *** I'd at least try a vegan diet if it's possible it would help. I'd try KETO first though, if it made sense depending on what ails me.

Comment

Originally posted by Agsfight View Post
                    I guess you don't eat pork
                    New Testament says pork is fine. I eat plenty of pork

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Bible also says not to call anything created unclean to eat. We were created to eat food to survive. Both meat and plant. Anydiet other than that is someone with an agenda
                      He created humans.

I know some very unclean people at work, definitely would not recommend eating them.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                        sure its worth it if it works. Everybody will react differently to different diets and no diet is "good" forever. That is the biggest thing.

Go to your doctor and get pre-vegan blood work done, try it for a month and go back and see if it helped. If it does get yourself back to a good baseline and then start adding in the meats you love in moderation.

My wife's uncle did this. He was in a bad way and went total raw vegan diet. Lost close to 70lbs all his blood work was great, got off all meds. After 2 years he started to have deficiencies and started adding in meat and breads and other cooked things back in. Now he eats everything like normal but in moderation and hasn't had any issues since.

Now if this scenario is a FOREVER thing I'll take my chances with the cheeseburgers and steaks lol.

This is a somewhat plausible scenario. Everything in moderation. I believe you need some meat in your diet as well as veggies, fruits and other things. Too much of any of them can be bad IMO.

I could surely adjust my diet but don't think I could ever go full vegan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That show is full of BS. We were meant to be omnivores. Meat isn't bad for you. To say other wise is stupid. It's people who can't stop stuffing their face that create that rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did he say Kirby? Don't leave us hanging.

Not every one handles foods the same way. My Grandfathers ate plenty of meat, both dipped snuff and lived to 99 and 102. I think I'm fine.

Comment

I probably wouldn't. But I heard a doctor talk about eating only meats and fats "not just meat fat but also like cheese" and it helped a lot of people get of of medications and helps stop early stages of altimeters. I would try that first. No carbs or sugars. Don't remember if it had a specific name. But the guy was very convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                                What did he say Kirby? Don't leave us hanging.

Not every one handles foods the same way. My Grandfathers ate plenty of meat, both dipped snuff and lived to 99 and 102. I think I'm fine.
                                Basically suggested I researched it and that it would probably be a nice alternative to simply going on a diet that would not work. He believes its a good way to eat healthy. I have not had time to really dive into it

Comment

Working...
                                X