Would you go vegan if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    A lady I work with has meniere's disease. It was debilitating for her until she started seeing a holistic doctor that told her to go on a vegan diet. Over the course of a few weeks her symptoms improved 95%. She has slowly been incorporating dairy and occasionally meat products back in her diet so far so good. I don't believe that animal products are bad for everyone but if I had some disease that could be cured or at least managed by diet, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on board but I wouldn't stop hunting.
    My cousin has meniere's and it's rough. Manageable but a tough go just the same.

Comment

A well done conspiracy film can make you believe just about anything.

Comment

Life span of vegans is shorter than non vegans
        Like some have already said, you can always get someone to produce the results you want.
        Its just like man made climate change.

Comment

Do what makes you feel best, figure out what works for your body.

High protein, high fat, complex carbs work for me. I know my body.

Try it, if you feel like ****, change it.

Comment

Not hardly

Comment

I'd get a second opinion.

(from a Dr that has taxidermy mounts in his office)

Comment

I saw same show, and wife is vegan, as her whole office, I eat my venison each day, lifes to short to be unhappy...

Comment

My grandpa ate bacon, sausage and redeye gravy everyday and died of a heart attack at 62. He died young but happy. I am starting to try to eat healthier but I can't go full vegan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

There are plenty of proven ways to control diabetes and high blood pressure. Being a vegan doesn't sound that healthy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                      If you are truly a "vegan", where do you get your essential amino acids?
                      The highest sources of amino acids are: watercress and spirulina (which even exceed meat), pumpkin, leafy greens, hemp seeds, chia seeds, soybeans, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and sunflower butter, almonds, avocados, figs, raisins, quinoa, and wheat

If it saved my life I would cut back.

Comment

The Bible says your days are numbered. And that we are to take care of ourselves because we are not ours but his. To think anything you do will add one second to your life in my opinion is laughable

Bible also says not to call anything created unclean to eat. We were created to eat food to survive. Both meat and plant. Anydiet other than that is someone with an agenda

Comment

no because it isn't true.

Comment

sure its worth it if it works. Everybody will react differently to different diets and no diet is "good" forever. That is the biggest thing.

Go to your doctor and get pre-vegan blood work done, try it for a month and go back and see if it helped. If it does get yourself back to a good baseline and then start adding in the meats you love in moderation.

My wife's uncle did this. He was in a bad way and went total raw vegan diet. Lost close to 70lbs all his blood work was great, got off all meds. After 2 years he started to have deficiencies and started adding in meat and breads and other cooked things back in. Now he eats everything like normal but in moderation and hasn't had any issues since.

Now if this scenario is a FOREVER thing I'll take my chances with the cheeseburgers and steaks lol.
                            Last edited by justin81; 09-26-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Would you go vegan if...

Originally posted by Agsfight View Post
                              If you no longer had to take high blood pressure medication or if it you meant that your Type 2 Diabetes would eventually go away. I ask this as red blooded, meat eating, (see my recipe for killer fajita recipe) Texan.

However, I recently watched a very compelling show on Netflix, "What the Health" It contains a fair bit of tree hugging liberalism, but they make some strong arguments for going vegan.

According to the doctors on the program if you follow a strict vegan diet, after two weeks you will notice a big difference in how you feel, and all of your numbers will be better, eventually getting to the point to where you may actually be able to get off meds. If true is it worth it?

I had both and switched to Ketogenic way of eating. Off all Type 2 meds and soon to be off bp meds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not buying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X