Truck electrical help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck electrical help

I got a LED third brake light for '07 F-150. However, it has a connector and my stock third brake light doesn't. Basically it has three wired lights. How can I connect these together?

The led has four wires: a red, blue and two black. The stock lights are in the pic.

Need to get this working so I can pass state inspection.
    Attached Files

Bump for advice

Comment

I am going to guess that two of your original lights were in the clear part of the light and were the lights that light up the bed area. The third is probably the actual brake light. Cut the connector off of the new one and identify what the red and blue wires go to by touching to the battery. Splice into the old harness accordingly. Again, just a guess.

Comment

I sell connectors for a living. And I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

1. you bought the wrong one
          2. whomever sold you the light did not sell you the connector
          3. there is a connector you just didnt pull the old wiring out far enough
          4. splice it in

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
            1. you bought the wrong one
            2. whomever sold you the light did not sell you the connector
            3. there is a connector you just didnt pull the old wiring out far enough
            4. splice it in
            So it's one of these is what you're suggesting

Comment

You need to look up what wire is for what on the led fixture. I would assume red is positive and one of the blacks ground. Maybe theyre both ground for some reason. And then see if you can figure out which color means what on the existing wiring and splice it in. Once you figure which wires are which it will be a super easy fix. Do away with plug would be my suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                So it's one of these is what you're suggesting
                You got it.

Comment

Truck electrical help

If I had to guess. Red is power and black next to it is ground for the brake light. The other blue and black are for the white light. Splice accordingly. A 12V tester is your friend. Ground to the body and check each wire for power with brakes applied then with the bed light on. The other 3 wires will be grounds for each wire.

Did the led come with a diagram? Either way run 12V to it with a ground and figure out the combination of the wires that work the light. It won't hurt it if your test it "wrong".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X