Broke out the old LX yesterday - still shoots better than me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke out the old LX yesterday - still shoots better than me

Well gave the recurves a break yesterday and broke out the old Mathews LX compound - it still can shoot - if I do my part - the metal shed with 3 new bullet holes (arrow size) beside my backstop might not agree - lol. I still like the feel but you can tell when you have not touched her in quite awhile - still turned way down on poundage and really watching the strings etc for wear - strings were new when put in resting mode but it has been 3-4 years at least - probably better look at new strings and cables if I get serious about reawakening the old girl - hmmm - felt good though...amazing the difference between this and Trad - still love my recurves.

The LX was the most forgiving and best shooting compound I ever owned. Still kick myself for selling it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

What's next?
      X-bow?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        What's next?
        X-bow?

Rick
        Bring on the 30-06 vs .270 debate

Comment

Shoot that compound with pride.
          Its the same motion as a long bow, pull the string and shoot.
          Only more ethical - more accurate-more consistent- more energy= less wounded game

Comment

BOught the helim and don't even know why. Still got my lx and will keep it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              What's next?
              X-bow?

Rick
              That's kinda my thought on the fixed crawl method as well. [emoji12]

Comment

I shot two Mathews bows and an Elite before I found another compound I feel points and shoots well for me.

That said it's been shot once since deer season and I really have no intent to hunt with it this year.

Comment

Haa Haa. I knew that would cause some panties to bunch up.

Two words
                  Traditional Forum.

And, for those of you who think my methods are any less ethical, or productive than yours, lets get together & shoot sometime. I bet I can out shoot you with your bow, as well as mine. Wanna give it a go?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                    Shoot that compound with pride.

Its the same motion as a long bow, pull the string and shoot.

Only more ethical - more accurate-more consistent- more energy= less wounded game

Really???? I think it has a lot more to do with the person than the equipment!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Really???? I think it has a lot more to do with the person than the equipment!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I know some of you guys are awsome with long bows, however compounds shoot arrows faster and harder= less ducking , and deeper penetration per # of exertion.

I was just trying to even the playing field since folks were ragging on him

Comment

I know some of you guys are awsome with long bows, however compounds shoot arrows faster and harder= less ducking , and deeper penetration per # of exertion.

Hard to get deeper than ALL the way through! Every deer I've shot with my 53lb long bow has been a pass through.

Comment

Loved my LX!

Comment

A little too generalized for me. Too bad those fast shooting, feather weight arrows don't come with brains in the purchase.

Bisch is right...judge the Indian, not the bow...

Comment

By the way...speed can be measured multiple ways. Sure if you are just going off of the arrow in flight, it's hard to argue with a compound. But...put a compound guy standing next to a stick bow guy, both with arrows knocked and say 'go' - in most cases, the stick bow arrow will be in the target long before the compound.

Comment

Working...
                              X