Alaskan Moose Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
    So you have a night in the Tok metropolis. I assume you'll be staying at Young's Motel. And before you leave to the bush, make sure you grab a pizza at Fast Eddie's. I had a couple of clients in Tok, and every time I went up there (couple times a year) I had orders to bring back uncooked pizzas for folks in our office. I would often come back to Anchorage with 15-20 pizzas in the back seat of my car. But that was before Moose's Tooth opened.

For the best Pizza on the planet, go to Moose's Tooth in Anchorage. Great Pizza and Great Beer! You can thank me later.
    MOOSE'S TOOTH is the best pizza on the planet!!!!!

Comment

That's a dream hunt. Good luck to ya'll!

Comment

And you have to eat at Fast Eddy's. It will be fantastic before you head out and the most amazing thing after you come back in to civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad75 View Post
          Yeah, that was a while ago. Here are a few pics. Good luck to ya and hope you enjoy your hunt as much as I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          That's a great looking bull!

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
            That's a dream hunt. Good luck to ya'll!
            Thank you Drop Tine. September 14th can't get here fast enough.

Comment

And you have to eat at Fast Eddy's. It will be fantastic before you head out and the most amazing thing after you come back in to civilization.
              I've heard a number of votes for Fast Eddie's. The plan is to go there next Wednesday. Did you have any cell service/coverage out in Tok?

Comment

Good luck. This thread is probably as close as I will ever get to going

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                  I've heard a number of votes for Fast Eddie's. The plan is to go there next Wednesday. Did you have any cell service/coverage out in Tok?
                  I Tok proper yes. You lose it shortly leaving if I remember buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Good luck. This thread is probably as close as I will ever get to going
                    Thank you. Budget wise it's more affordable than most would think. With this being DIY, it makes it a lot less painful on the wallet. Now if it's more about talking the wife in to letting you go, that's a whole other ballgame.

Comment

I Tok proper yes. You lose it shortly leaving if I remember buddy.

Hes right, you will lose it about 20 miles out. Conversely if you are driving up from Anchorage, you will have it at least through Glenallen albeit intermittently. North of Glenallen it will drop off.

Tok is a big hub as is Glenallen. Lots of traffic passing through, gas, food and hotels. Fast Eddies is a staple.

We are using an inreach for our com with home while were are up there as opposed to a SAT phone.

Good luck

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                        Hes right, you will lose it about 20 miles out. Conversely if you are driving up from Anchorage, you will have it at least through Glenallen albeit intermittently. North of Glenallen it will drop off.

Tok is a big hub as is Glenallen. Lots of traffic passing through, gas, food and hotels. Fast Eddies is a staple.

We are using an inreach for our com with home while were are up there as opposed to a SAT phone.

Good luck

Hugh
                        That makes sense. I should be able to update the thread before flying out then. We have a SAT phone and inReach as our forms of communication.

I'm hearing the we might be looking at a fair amount of.anow towards the end of the trip. Would be interesting clearing out snow for the cubs to land to take us out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Hugh
                          Good luck to you as well Hugh. Hope you shoot a 70" plus bull.

Comment

Thanks! Two of us going, my brother and I. Third trip for moose in three years with nothing on the ground yet. He's hunting traditional and Im using a compound. Were on the fence about a back up gun. He's carrying a glock 20 I sold him and Im going unarmed unless we bring a shot gun. In talking with the biologist, they did say that the bear population was up so were considering one .375 H&H.

I wonder if you can update this page with an inreach?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                              MOOSE'S TOOTH is the best pizza on the planet!!!!!
                              Too funny, to me, Big Lous in San Antonio is better than the Mooses Tooth.

Comment

Thanks! Two of us going, my brother and I. Third trip for moose in three years with nothing on the ground yet. He's hunting traditional and Im using a compound. Were on the fence about a back up gun. He's carrying a glock 20 I sold him and Im going unarmed unless we bring a shot gun. In talking with the biologist, they did say that the bear population was up so were considering one .375 H&H.

I wonder if you can update this page with an inreach?
                                That would be awesome if you could update through inReach. As far as taking a rifle, if it was my third trip in 3 years and I hadn't dropped a moose yet, I'd be bringing the gun It takes a lot for someone to stick with the plan and do bow only though. Nothing, but respect from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X