No announcement yet.

1 pc Bows and Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVC works great and I have shipped several bows that way. I would glue a pipe cap on one end then put a screw cap on the other end. Use foam in the ends. And I would use a gun sock for the bow. Works great

Comment

1 other thought, if you haven't found a way to take a one piece with you, maybe borrow a Take Down. Just make sure you get it early enough that you get comfortable with the bow before you go. I really like my longbow, but even if I am going to be on the road for extended hours I usually just pack my takedown.

Comment

Years ago, I bought a round travel case for a bow from 3 Rivers. It looks very nice and is functional but I should have made one from P.V.C. They are basically one in the same but one is a heck of a lot less expensive than the other.

Comment

A good homemade PVC case is your best option for both cost effectiveness, and durability.

Permanently cap it on one end, and use a screw cap with a locking pin on the other.

Rick

Comment

Just to clarify y'all are using SDS pipe correct? Schedule 10 or 20?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Just to clarify y'all are using SDS pipe correct? Schedule 10 or 20?

I don't really remember what PVC I used on the ones I've built, except to say it was pretty heavy duty stuff with about 1/4" wall thickness.

Here's one I built to haul my bow & arrows on my scooter.

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

I also use a three piece retractable fishing rod case I think it goes from 8' to 3 foot when collapsed.

Comment

Rhat would be schedule 40 if white.

Comment

DRT is right, at 1/4" thick almost has to be schedule 40. Stout material. Rick I saw a VERY nice "scooter" but no bow tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      DRT is right, at 1/4" thick almost has to be schedule 40. Stout material. Rick I saw a VERY nice "scooter" but no bow tube?
                      Yep, I remember now. It is schedule 40.

The bow tube is mounted on the rear luggage rack of the scooter.
                      It has a camo bag covering it, that is partially folded back to allow removal of the end cap.

Here's another look at it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's some big *** pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          That's some big *** pipe.

8" if memory serves. I'll measure it tomorrow.

I wanted it big enough to carry two take down bows, or one bow, and some arrows. Turned out, making it long enough for the arrows didn't work out well on the bike, so I carry the arrows in a separate case, and strap that case to this one.

Rick
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here it is all packed down, and ready to head out on a 4 day 2 archery tournament trip.

Rick
                            Attached Files

Comment

I like that.

Comment

I e also flown with pvc with no problems with bow n fly rod in 6" schedule 40 with cap
                                On one end n screw on adapter n cap on other n taped well! I watched them chunck it twice n pipe bow n rod were none the worse

Comment

Working...
                                X