Gender reveal parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gender reveal parties?

Ever done one? Ever been to one? I guess this is a fairly new thing? I never heard of them until a couple years ago. It seems silly to me, but whatever. My stepson is having one of these right now at my house. Luckily......I mean unfortunately I had to work today. My wife is super excited about it. She's decorated a table outside and they are shooting Tannerite with either pink or blue powder in it. My wife is the only one who knows the gender. The doctor told her, so the parents won't even know until the Tannerite blows up. Don't get me wrong, shooting Tannerite is always cool, but asking people to come over just to see if you're having a boy or a girl seems silly to me. I know, I'm old school. Darn kids today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang kids trying to come up with reasons to get together and have a good time

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Dang party supply companies and Hallmark trying to come up with reasons to get folks together and generate revenue..

FIFY..

Comment

I'm not a fan of learning the sex before birth. It drives me crazy that everyone wants to know what they're having ahead of time. I love surprises and there was no better feeling than when both our babies were born and healring the doc say "congratulations it's a girl". I will admit it drove our parents crazy, especially since we didn't give them any hints as to what names we chose either until the girls were here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill go to one if beaten and dragged by the KGB.

Comment

I really thought this was a really strange thread . . .
            Happily surprised.

Well, I couldn’t have cared less about my baby’s genders.
            Just their health.
            Woman thing. Put me down as GOF
            On couple showers, baby showers or gender announcement showers.

Comment

I did the tannerite thing for my daughters gender reveal. I was the only one who knew what the baby was.

Comment

I used to see them on Facebook all of the time. I’m shocked at the stuff women are able to get men to do and then post it all over social media for the world to see. I know most of these guys would of never went for this stuff 20 years ago and now they seem to have no trouble gaying it up.

Comment

We did with our first. Gave an envelope to one of our friends and she hung a balloon filled with powder. Then my wife and I shot it, talk about “buck-fever”

Comment

Gender reveal parties?

My daughter did it earlier this year. They didn’t know the gender of the baby until the reveal also. My grandson loves baseball, so they let him reveal what his sibling would be with a paper baseball loaded with chalk on a tee. It was so neat. (Videos won’t post on here, otherwise I’d post the video)

Last edited by RobinHood; 07-15-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I called and asked the wife what everyone was doing. She said the boys are all outside shooting your guns. Maybe there's more to these parties than I realized. I should have hidden all the ammo before I left the house

Comment

I didn't wait until my kids where born to find out, but I dang sure didn't expect people to come over for any kind of announcement party.

Anyway,,,,
                        I thought these days your suppose to wait until the kid is old enough to decide what it wants to be. SMH.

Comment

I'm a grumpy A-hole, so take it for what its worth. I have never been to one and don't plan on going. Fortunately I've always had to work when these things come up. There may have been one or two that I just refused to attend, can't remember. Not a fan here, but different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Our granddaughter had her party last month and have a great grandson on the way. Luckily had a bull go walk-about and spent the day chasing him down, and didn’t have to go. After hearing all the games my daughter n law had planned for the party, if the bull hadn’t jumped the fence I would have opened the gate.

Comment

Some of you guys need to lighten up a little. I haven’t been a part of one of these yet but generally family and friends come over and you shoot guns, drink beer and bbq. I don’t care what you call the party, I just enjoy the good times that come with it. Maybe I’m a minority around here I guess.

AC, kiss all of your ammo bye bye lol.

Edit: After reading some of the other responses I’ll clarify. If myself or one of my friends is putting it on I’ll go. If the womenfolk are planning it I’ll be busy that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X