No announcement yet.

Ranch property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The owner may be looking to move the property quick too (ie.. divorce or other financial problems)

The higher priced ones maybe looking for buyers who like their property more than they do.

Comment

I sure would love to afford property one day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
        I was browsing around and found a listing on a property that is selling for $320k. Here's the thing It's 226 acres. Comes out to under $1500/acre. Can anybody explain why most properties near it are selling for almost 2 times that price?
        I've always wanted to own land and I want to learn more about it before making any bad decisions.

Here's the link
        http://texas.primeranchland.com/idx/...s-890-SD-58510
        Property in that area is always in this price range. Far away and not good for much else. You have to look at it to really know what's up.

Comment

The other landowners may not really care if they sell or not and have priced accordingly. If somebody is crazy enough to pay what they are asking then they would sell it. I have seen this scenario happen before, because it doesn't cost them anything to list it.

Comment

As has been said one would need to check on getting electricity ran, cost of a water well etc.

Comment

Some folks need the money fast and price it to sell. Water/electricity play big part too.

Comment

I know it was going to cost $38k to have electric ran to my dads place in del rio!!!!! He ended up with a solar/wind setup for under $12k

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                  I know it was going to cost $38k to have electric ran to my dads place in del rio!!!!! He ended up with a solar/wind setup for under $12k
                  WOW!! I knew it could be costly, I didn't know it could cost that high! I would go solar and wind all the way! If you have enough property, why not construct a little wind/solar farm.

Comment

WOW!! I knew it could be costly, I didn't know it could cost that high! I would go solar and wind all the way! If you have enough property, why not construct a little wind/solar farm.
                    His place was 8 miles from the nearest power line. They require you to buy the poles, wire, etc. Then once its all installed, you have to sign it all over to them including easements! That was over 10 years ago. With the price of wire, I would imagine the cost would be double that now!

As for the wind/solar farm, it would be VERY cost prohibitive!!!!! Even with a $12k system, he didn't have AC and had to fire up his generator to wash clothes or run his well. He had 2 500 gallon storage tanks on a hill above his house and used gravity to provide water pressure. The solar/wind charged a battery bank and an inverter was used to convert 12v to 110v for lights, TV, etc.
                    Last edited by fishingsetx; 04-03-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Another thing is cost of a well if you have the water for it. A buddy of mine is a little NE of there & it cost 15,000.00+ for a well.

Comment

A good Realtor can help with all of your questions. There is no reason not to hire one.

Comment

It can get expensive quick. We looked into it once on some property we were leasing. We figured if the power company would put stuff in for an affordable amount we'd get power since we had signed a 5 years lease a few weeks before. Quote came out to 32k.. Nevermind, sorry for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Another thing is cost of a well if you have the water for it. A buddy of mine is a little NE of there & it cost 15,000.00+ for a well.
                            Then, add a septic system to that. You're looking at 6k there.

Comment

We looked at getting power to our deer camp. From what I remember it was a dollar a foot. Basically 400 bucks for each pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                                A good Realtor can help with all of your questions. There is no reason not to hire one.
                                This ALL the Way!!
                                And Chance is a Great realtor!

Comment

Working...
                                X