Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danner boots - Anyone do the recrafting program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danner boots - Anyone do the recrafting program?

Has anyone done the boot recrafting with Danner? I've got a couple pairs that the soles are worn out on, but the leather is still pretty good for the most part. $90 for a resole and stitching - seems like a good deal.
    Do they do a good job?

You can't go wrong with Danner boots, wish I could help you out. Bump.

Comment

I took mine to the shoe hospital in Austin and 60 bucks later had vibram soles and reconditioned leather, they did a great job.

Comment

I just bought a pair off of archery talk that had been wore for a 7 day hunt and the guy decided to sell them and keep another pair. I paid $60 for them, they sell new for over $150. You may want to just check and see if you can find a new or like new pair for just as much. If not, resoling for around $60 would not be a bad deal.

Comment

Here is the link to what I was talking about:
          Danner boots are a mark of superior craftsmanship, Our hiking, hunting, work, military, and law enforcement boots are built with GORE-TEX waterproof liners, durable Vibram outsoles, and full-grain leather.

It is for sending in your old danner boots to have them reworked. I didn't realize my favorite model costs over $300 now, looks like I'll be wearing them out again after they are repaired. Still made in the USA.

Comment

I just brought some Danner boots and they where made in China

Comment

I had a pair of insulated gore tex danner boots that was was like 15-20 yrs old never wore them keep well oiled up.....The stiching started comming loose between the sole and the boot so called danner I sent them back tobe resoled and stitched......They couldn't do it but offered me any boot from their line of boots for just the cost of the repair job on the old boots.......Thats customer service now........Andy

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                I just brought some Danner boots and they where made in China
                Mine leak even after treating them. That was after twenty minutes trekking through the snow and some water, no more that I would in a normal hunt. I'm either going to try something else or return them. I guess I should have paid attention to the reviews on their website.

Comment

Working...
                X