No announcement yet.

Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have recommendations for a place along the route from Pearsall to Houston (I-35 and I-10)?
    I think Doreck & Sons in Santa Fe TX is incredible on the sausage, but getting tired of the 50min drive back and forth.
    I like Praseks, just never had anything processed by them except midget sticks. Pete's Fine meats did a good job a few years ago but haven't been in awhile.
    I did not like Midway at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
      Blue Bonnet in Trenton does great work and is reasonably priced. Jap and cheese sausage is fantastic! We also used a place in Rockwall that was just ok. They did not label any of the packages and the summer sausage was not any where near as good as Blue Bonnet's.
      X2 on Bluebonnet in Trenton. Ben and Hannah are great folks! Guaranteed to get your meat back, and they do not batch grind!!!!

Comment

Anyone have any recommendations for Delta County / Cooper area ?

Comment

Joshua Deer Processing. Joshua, TX.
          5 stars

Comment

For any of you guys hunting out in the Uvalde area, I highly recommend Mark Roberts Deer Processing. His place is located about 8 miles north of town on Hwy 83. He makes the best jerky you've ever had. But truth be told, I've never had anything that wasn't fantastic from there.

Comment

Any recommendations for the lower west DFW area?

Comment

Hudson Meats for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                  I JUST put up a post on the Robert Lee FB page recently asking who the locals would recommend? Several on our lease got burned last year from the local RL processor! We lost deposits, NO meat and 2 never got their meat or Racks back OR their $$ desposits!

Won't go into detail, but it was something else! I even went to the Sheriff's Office to learn if they had any idea what was going on?? Not satisfied with the response I got....guess my "still" ex-LEO idea of what's right and legal was not satisfied with the answer I got.

From the responses on FB from the locals, B&K is who we will use this year.
                  Brain and his crew are good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparzo View Post
                    Anybody used Arnold’s in Hempstead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Very good processor. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                      Very good processor. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the heads up. Look forward to using them soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by morris_mat View Post
                        X2

Great sausage, summer sausage and hot sticks. Pleased with my nilgia and elk mount as well!
                        Agreed. Good turn around time and did a bang up job on my whitetail and axis mount.

Comment

Working...
                        X