No announcement yet.

Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using Shannons Processing and Taxidermy in Cherokee, TX. I can say hands down he's been the best one I've ever used. He makes these awesome things called "Antelope Eggs." They are ground up venison, jalapeƱos, and a high melt cheese with bacon wrapped around the outside. These are unbelievable. He also has great summer sausage, filets wrapped with bacon, and a bunch of other excellent stuff. The best thing about it is the turn around, he gets your stuff in and out quick. I highly recommend him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      I usually take mine to Miiler's in Llano. Other than being an aggie, Bryan is a great guy and the results are great. If it is cold enough to not be in a hurry, I will take one to Hudson's every year or so. Great stuff and hippies and hipsters alike may weep at the bloody tailgate and carnage. I had a pedestrian call me a "F'ing Neanderthal" as I dropped one off a couple years ago--made my day.

Lmao. I buy a bunch of stuff from Millers. Really quality stuff. The pepperjack Llano links are the bomb!! Lol. And those wakauyshi or however you spell it steaks are amazing too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For folks traveling up and down Hwy 287 from metroplex to Vernon area, Whitakers in Iowa Park is really good. Nice people, fast turnaround, quality product(s). Easy on and off 287 on west side of Iowa Park.

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
          I have been using Griffiths in Burnet for a lot of years,i little higher than some,but best I have used
          I've used him for about 4 years and he's great!! Their jap and cheddar sausage is the bomb!! As far as price goes I can't compare as he's the only guy I use. Plus he spent good money on the best dealer which keeps meat fresh for as long as you need.

I do want to try Hudson's for their bacon wrapped chop steak and fajita meat. So can I just bring in a couple quarters and just ask for those two products? Heard your going to pay there too but how much? Thanks for all the reccomendations y'all put up.

Comment

5 Stars
            Cinnamon Creek, N of Fort Worth near the Speedway
            Klein's, downtown Boerne

4 1/2 Stars
            Hirsch's Meats, Plano. The half star is location, if you are in N. Dallas its a no brainer and beats driving out to Cinnamon Creek. Buy some stuff pork chops while you are there. You are welcome. FYI they only take skinned animals, so quarter before you go.

4 Stars
            Kuby's, Dallas. Good, just didn't knock my socks off and Hirsch was closer.

3 Stars
            There was a guy processing in Ozona a few years ago. Not sure if he quit or not. Barn behind his house in a residential area. Did pretty good work but a pain in the butt to get to if late in the season.

2 Stars
            Apache Meat Market, Del Rio. It's really hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not so much. Not always sure I was eating the deer I shot. But when it's 95*, and I'm driving home on 90... However since Klein's has an after hours cooler drop, I'd rather spend $50 on ice to make it another 3 hours down the road. This one gets a solid "meh, I'd use them in a pinch..."

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Hudsons in Austin

Kleins in Boerne. They own both. Both are amazing.
              We use cow creek in boerne they're a local favorite
              Klein's has hit and miss customer service and I personally think the owner is a jerk

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                I've never taken a deer to a processor, might try Hudson's since it is the closest to me. How exactly does it work?

Morning kill take gutted deer to them right after field dress? Night kill take quarters to them in a cooler the next day?
                Depends how much you want to spend places charge extra for skinning, they also charge more for deboning

We do majority at home but I can't make link sausage nowhere near as good as the processors so we take them our scrap meat to grind into sausage. We save it from a few deer and vacuum seal/freeze. Once I get enough I take it in and have some good sausage made. Its cheaper than bringing in quartered deer per lb of meat and I know it tastes good when I pick it up.

I'll try my own sausage again this year but it's always a dissapointment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  Texan Taxidermy and Processing in Tomball
                  17413 FM 2920
                  Tomball, Tx
                  Great Processing and taxidermy work
                  Any recommendations on their sausage options? We like spice. I'll give them a try this year I have opening weekends meat in the freezer right now

Comment

Flemings in Montgomery TX is the only place i go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                      Any good ones around Weatherford area?

Neils taxidermy and processing in Whitt. Incredible taxidermist and does a great job processing. Jalapeno/cheese sticks are the best around and you will get your own deer back. Great guy

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                        I've used him for about 4 years and he's great!! Their jap and cheddar sausage is the bomb!! As far as price goes I can't compare as he's the only guy I use. Plus he spent good money on the best dealer which keeps meat fresh for as long as you need.

I do want to try Hudson's for their bacon wrapped chop steak and fajita meat. So can I just bring in a couple quarters and just ask for those two products? Heard your going to pay there too but how much? Thanks for all the reccomendations y'all put up.
                        I really don't think Hudson's is very expensive at all compared to some others I use.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by josh3; 10-13-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Broken Tine processing in Snook

Have used Nolan for 3 years now and will continue to. Great prices and the meat is good too. Know I'm getting what I took in

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            Broken Tine processing in Snook

Have used Nolan for 3 years now and will continue to. Great prices and the meat is good too. Know I'm getting what I took in
                            Do you happen to know his summer sausage and dried sausage pricing?

Any discount for deboned?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Around N. Tx ,especislly Montague/Clay county, Fischers Meat Market in Meunster is primo on any wild game! Them Germans know how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                                I've been using CCR for over 20 years and no complaints. Started back when they were Syracuse and had their first shop in flower Mound. The jalapeƱo cheese sausage is the bomb?
                                Same for us, and you are spot on about the jalapeno and cheese sausage.

Comment

Working...
                                X