Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
    Falling prices are exactly what we need in order to fuel real economic growth.
    Lol that makes no sense.

Comment

You sure you don't work in the Media field???

Statements like that are right off NBC or a politicians teleprompter.

Comment

And what sectors would see all that growth?

Comment

Yep all these guys living redneck rich are going to
          be crying in there beer. I mean did everyone need a 40k to 60k truck just to drive to work lol!!
          Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-30-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
            I think this is what you might have said. Iron Clad guaranteed 24-48 months.
            Yes...the contracts are guaranteed.....not the work. The sad part is, every time a rig goes down, 15 guys go home. And the holidays is not a good time to be going home. That's why I work extra hard to try and move rigs and sell directional work.....lot of people depending on us salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Yes...the contracts are guaranteed.....not the work. The sad part is, every time a rig goes down, 15 guys go home. And the holidays is not a good time to be going home. That's why I work extra hard to try and move rigs and sell directional work.....lot of people depending on us salesmen.
              The demand has to be there or it doesnt matter how good of a salesman you are. No demand equals equipment being piled up.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                Yep all these guys living redneck rich are going to
                be crying in there beer. I mean did everyone need a 40k to 60k truck just to drive to work lol!!
                Hopefully they were smart enough to put a little back. I'm scared to death of this kind of thing, that's why I paid off everything I own except the house and the wife's SUV. I bought the kids college tuition back a few years ago, which probably will still cost an arm and a leg. Dave Ramsey taught me, after the first time I messed up, to live well inside our means and that's what we try to do.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  The demand has to be there or it doesnt matter how good of a salesman you are. No demand equals equipment being piled up.
                  You are 100% dead on....I just hope our shareholders and VP's understand that!!!

Comment

I'm not in the oil field (not that it matters) but I do understand economics. I was just reading the comments and had to respond. You could learn from these people responding to you countless times.
                    Last edited by Aggie_bowtech; 11-30-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

15 sounds like a really low number with all the support a rig needs to run.

Comment

Hopefully they were smart enough to put a little back. I'm scared to death of this kind of thing, that's why I paid off everything I own except the house and the wife's SUV. I bought the kids college tuition back a few years ago, which probably will still cost an arm and a leg. Dave Ramsey taught me, after the first time I messed up, to live well inside our means and that's what we try to do.
                        Hey man this is what I was getting at the whole time. I was one of the young dumb fairly new guys in '08 and '09. This thread was intended to be a heads up for the guys in that position now. I live as little debt as possible now but make more so it won't hit me like before but it surely will hit some the same way it did me then.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

It has a lot bigger impact than 15 guys on the rig. Lost work for every service that's required to put a hole in the ground. From engineering, casing suppliers, mud, downhole tools, inspection, fuel companies, directional, cementing, completions, fracking, R.O.W. Service, pipeline, meter skid, etc.

1 rig isn't too bad. You start losing 30-40% of the rig fleet and it hits the fan.

Comment

Is it hard to breath like that? don't you get tired of bending over?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                              I'm not in the oil field (not that it matters) but I do understand economics. I was just reading the comments and had to respond. You could learn from these people responding to you countless times.

You will never get him to learn or understand. He gets on CNN then jumbles up what he reads then comments on every thread just to get a rise. Just a troll.

Comment

Please tell me you don't really believe that!

Comment

Working...
                                X