Someone school me on lightbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    I put a pair of that exact light on the back of the top of my new buggy. And yea, they make daylight for a long way when I need to see while backin' up in the dark!
    I have a set of 6" bars hidden up under my rear bumper on each side of the receiver hitch. DAYLIGHT behind my truck. Makes boat launches and loading trailers super easy in the dark. Cost me $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      I have a set of 6" bars hidden up under my rear bumper on each side of the receiver hitch. DAYLIGHT behind my truck. Makes boat launches and loading trailers super easy in the dark. Cost me $20.
      You just wire them into your norma back up lights? I have some small ones, but might upgrade a bit myself. I wired the small ones right into my back up lights.

Edit: Also been thinking about putting a set of "back up lights on the back of my utility and dump trailers too... Anybody do that?

Comment

You just wire them into your norma back up lights? I have some small ones, but might upgrade a bit myself. I wired the small ones right into my back up lights.
        I thought about this but ultimately decided against it. There are too many times when I would NOT want the light of God shining from the rear of my truck when reversing, so I put the back-up lights on their own separate switch wired straight to the battery. This also means they can be used when the truck is off.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          I thought about this but ultimately decided against it. There are too many times when I would NOT want the light of God shining from the rear of my truck when reversing, so I put the back-up lights on their own separate switch wired straight to the battery. This also means they can be used when the truck is off.
          I will probably do that too. Have bed lighting under my tonneau cover on a separate swith that has worked OK. Sure would be easy to remove the little dink lights I have and put some cubes on in their place tho...

Comment

My new Pioneer 1000 came with high/low beam LED's that are pretty dang good, but with that curved bar on the top... front and rear (still have yet to add the side cubes I got), It don't ever get dark 'round my machine when it's in use... Put interior LED bars on it too... No problem finding my stuff in the dark because there ain't no dark left when I throw all them switches!
            I'm anxious to see this. I bought 2-7" beams for inside my front bumper, and a 22" V-Series (rgbw) for the top of the front bumber. I also bought two sets of pods for the back. One pair shines back, and I haven't decided what to do with the second pair yet. I'd like them to point out to the sides, but not sure how to mount them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              I'm anxious to see this. I bought 2-7" beams for inside my front bumper, and a 22" V-Series (rgbw) for the top of the front bumber. I also bought two sets of pods for the back. One pair shines back, and I haven't decided what to do with the second pair yet. I'd like them to point out to the sides, but not sure how to mount them.
              I worked on it some this evening. Still waiting on a new wiring harness I orderded last week. I managed to order the wrong one for the lighted in dash switches I am using. Still haven't mounted the cubes for the side lights. when I get everything wired up, I'll post some pics.

Comment

I worked on it some this evening. Still waiting on a new wiring harness I orderded last week. I managed to order the wrong one for the lighted in dash switches I am using. Still haven't mounted the cubes for the side lights. when I get everything wired up, I'll post some pics.
                Where did you get your switches? I ordered mine from OTRATTW or something like that. I installed them but haven't wired them. I'm going to take it to a place to do all my wiring so it will last a long time. I also am waiting on some rgb rock lights I ordered to put under my roof for cab lights/party lights of I ever get to use it late night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X