Shop build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop build!

Well I finally built up the courage to step off the deep end and build me a shop!

Detail:
    Slab will be 40' X 78' X 4" thick with grade beams around the perimeter, through the middle and 3 of them running N-S.

Shop will be 40' X 60' with a 18' X 40' covered, cook/drink beer/hang out area on the East end, that will tie into my covered back porch/drive way. Will have a bathroom with a shower, toilet and a sink as well as a "bar" area. Plans are to mount a projector somewhere and put up some sort of quality screen and be able to watch football/baseball or whatever else in larger than life size!

Using 3-1/2" pipe for my uprights, I'm going to build my trusses out of 2-7/8" pipe and I will use 8" X 2-1/2" perlins for the roof and walls.

I brought in 11 loads of 60/40 sand/clay mix which built my slab up 6" or more.

I'm going to have 3-14' roll up doors. 1 on the East end, 1 on the West end and 1 in the middle on the South side. I'm also thinking about putting a couple of windows on the North side just to help with air flow.

The shop will be insulated but I haven't decided if I'm going to use roll insulation or the spray on kind.

It's probably going to be a fairly slow process since I'm just getting started at the beginning of summer but I have no deadlines!!

1st load of dirt
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4shop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	25116847

Name:	5shop.jpg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	25116848

Name:	10shop.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	25116849

Name:	11shop.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	25116850

Name:	8shop.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	25116851
    Poles are up, forms are finished and beams have been dug!

Name:	7shop.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	25116852
    Poles are in, moisture barrier down

Name:	2shop.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	25116853

Name:	1shop.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	25116854
    The rebar is done now but I had to leave for work before they were finished.

Awesome. I pored my slab this morning. Doing a 40'x50'.

Comment

Big shop ! In for the build.....

Comment

Awesome!!! In for the build!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
          Awesome. I pored my slab this morning. Doing a 40'x50'.
          Nice! I'm hoping that this storm that is moving in will stay away loong enough for them to get it done in the morning!!!

Is yours going to be metal or wood?

Comment

Looking good! In for the build

Comment

Looking good. You use a drone for the over head pics?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Looking good. You use a drone for the over head pics?
                  Yes I did. Fixing to try to post the videos.

Comment

Here are a couple of videos of it. I'm going to try to get some more video while they are pouring the concrete in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                      Nice! I'm hoping that this storm that is moving in will stay away loong enough for them to get it done in the morning!!!

Is yours going to be metal or wood?
                      Doing metal. Good luck on the weather. We have been fighting weather for a month already. Trying to finish my brick and stone on my house also. Hoping that will start next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                        Doing metal. Good luck on the weather. We have been fighting weather for a month already. Trying to finish my brick and stone on my house also. Hoping that will start next week!
                        Sounds like you've got a full plate too!

Are you building your own or having somebody else do it?

I let the experts pour the concrete but the rest of it will be on me!

Comment

I'm letting the experts do all of mine lol. I'm contracting the work for the shop and the house also. I got 10 wooded acres and I love it. Deer and pigs everywhere. I took this picture of my slab this morning. It's a rear view. Getting excited the closer I get. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24499066

Comment

Front view just to shareClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3691.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	24499067
                            Hard to really see in that picture. The woods are hard to take pictures in unless you are pretty close.

Comment

Looks like a beautiful place!!!

I can't imagine having to sit and wait for my house and shop to be finished!

I've got a long way to go on the shop. Once I get the outside done, I'll get started on the inside.
                              The only problem's I have, I'm getting started this late in the year, going to be gone for 3 weeks in September while elk hunting and when I get back from that, dove season is here and then we roll right into deer season! I'm figuring that it will be close to mid year next year before I get everything finished.

I guess if those are the worst problems I have to deal with then I'm doing ok!

Comment

Working...
                              X