Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donated pallets of water to Houston area from DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donated pallets of water to Houston area from DFW?

I have a builder (LBK Custom Homes) that purchased (15) pallets of water to donate for Hurricane Harvey relief aid. The order came in after we sent a truck down there with other relief aid items. In short, I need to get approx 30K# of water to the Houston area to folks that can use it. We really need it to go an organization that can distribute it correctly, we don't want it falling into wrong hands that would take advantage of the situation. Any suggestions as to who would most benefit from it and logistical help getting it to those folks would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by cj7zrcool; 09-18-2017, 07:16 AM.

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    I have a builder (LBK Custom Homes) that purchased (15) pallets of water to donate for Hurricane Harvey relief aid. The order came in after we sent a truck down there with other relief aid items. In short, I need to get approx 30K# of water to the Houston area to folks that can use it. We really need it to go an organization that can distribute it correctly, we don't want it falling into wrong hands that would take advantage of the situation. Any suggestions as to who would most benefit from it and logistical help getting it to those folks would be great. Thanks
    I would look around the surrounding area as well. I am NOT trying to talk bad about Houston, but other parts of the state could use the water as well.

Comment

Just looking to get it into the area(s) that were affected by the Hurricane. Does not have to be Houston proper

Comment

If you can get it to houston, call a few local churches down there. Seems the churches have been better about helping than the government or any other entities.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
          If you can get it to houston, call a few local churches down there. Seems the churches have been better about helping than the government or any other entities.
          Please call first before taking. Many places are actually over run with water and may be needing other things more.
          Thanks

Comment

There's an abundance of bottled water in the greater Houston area. I'm betting that the greater Beaumont area is more in need.

Comment

Doesn't matter to me where it goes, as long as the Harvey victims that need it, get it.

Comment

Contact operation air drop. They can probably take it from Dallas.

Comment

You might see if any Dallas area shelters could use them...

Comment

Call Texas Baptist Men. They are running supplies from Dallas down every few days.

Comment

Here is the number to the cajun navy facebook page I'm sure they can point you in a good direction. (833) 225-8616

Comment

you might send Rconn a message--he is in hamshire and they were hit HARD. He may know of a group in his area that could use and help distribute it

Comment

ttt

Comment

I would look to the rockport area, they got hammered as well.

Comment

I don't care where it goes down there, I just need it to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X