Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
    I still feel like we are one step forward and two back with the stupid penalties. Optimistically waiting for the season opener!
    Did you pay any attention to those penalties ?? Some of the worst calls I have seen.

Comment

This would be a really good opportunity to reflect on what is right in front and lower the expectations from this group and owner.

Comment

I enjoyed watching Prescott play college football and think the Cowboys made a good choice in picking him up, but if he's going to be successful he's going to need time, training and an NFL education. He's a good QB now, to be a really good QB he's going to need a few years.

So yea, Romo needs to stay healthy. It just doesn't take much to knock him out though, I think Vegas has the odds set at him being out in 6 or 7 games. I sure hope they are wrong.

Either way, im sure excited about having football back.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Morris might be the pickup of the offseason. He looked healthy and in past seasons form.
          I like him, Elliott is the pick up of the off season, those 5 yard runs that Morris had would of been 10-20 yard runs or to the house had Elliott been the ball carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            Did you pay any attention to those penalties ?? Some of the worst calls I have seen.
            Not really, I was working outside and trying to watch the Olympics at the same time. Just felt like the first couple of series reminded me of the last couple of years. Struggle for a first down to have it brought back for an offensive hold. Time will tell. Hope we kill it this year. Lord knows it's time!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              I like him, Elliott is the pick up of the off season, those 5 yard runs that Morris had would of been 10-20 yard runs or to the house had Elliott been the ball carrier.
              I wasn't referring to the draft.....but Elliot hasn't shown **** yet. I hope he does what you say but he's still a rookie and I'll refrain until he shows me something.

Last edited by Smart; 08-19-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                This would be a really good opportunity to reflect on what is right in front and lower the expectations from this group and owner.
                Really ?

Comment

Not really, I was working outside and trying to watch the Olympics at the same time. Just felt like the first couple of series reminded me of the last couple of years. Struggle for a first down to have it brought back for an offensive hold. Time will tell. Hope we kill it this year. Lord knows it's time!
                  Was there a penalty in the second series? The first series had three in a row but the second series was pretty clean. That being said there were some BS calls by this crew tonight on both sides. Th unsportsmanlike with the facemask on the Cowboys was Miami all the way on both calls.

Comment

Was there a penalty in the second series? The first series had three in a row but the second series was pretty clean. That being said there were some BS calls by this crew tonight on both sides. Th unsportsmanlike with the facemask on the Cowboys was Miami all the way on both calls.
                    I tried looking it up, but couldn't find any stats by quarter/series. I may have been wrong, but it seemed like what I saw was a lot of the same as before regarding penalties. Total for the game appears to be 12 for 113 yds. Not trying to poop on the party, just hoping for a nice turnaround!

Comment

I tried looking it up, but couldn't find any stats by quarter/series. I may have been wrong, but it seemed like what I saw was a lot of the same as before regarding penalties. Total for the game appears to be 12 for 113 yds. Not trying to poop on the party, just hoping for a nice turnaround!

There were 3 holding penalties in the first three plays of the first series, all negating big gains. We punted. Other than that the O was pretty good as you can tell by the score. I know 2 later penalties were BS...but Dak took the next one in for the score and the defense held them on the bogus facemask
                      Last edited by Smart; 08-19-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

The first drive was awful for the boys with penalties. The second drive they shredded Miami and drove right down the field for a TD without any penalties I believe. And this crew did seem a little flag happy the whole game plus the nfl is experimenting with an extra official this week for a total of 8 on the field.

Comment

Smart, it's about time you got this thread started~!

Go Cowboys!

Comment

Dak should do well if Tony goes down , he really looks good and the running backs are second to none.

Comment

I wasn't referring to the draft.....but Elliot hasn't shown **** yet. I hope he does what you say but he's still a rookie and I'll refrain until he shows me something.

Oh I agree about Morris, not only a good back but a great locker room presence. Mark my word, Elliott will tear it up barring injuries.

Comment

Dak did well. But I thought both the Rams and Dolphins defenses looked confused at times and also the best 11 were not on the field. This doesn't take anything away from Dak, he made the throws, it's just not fair to compare this to regular season games. I hope he does develop and take over for Romo, but it's too soon to say. Seattle will be a better test.

Zeke better get on field.

Comment

Working...
                                X