Bimini covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimini covers

Been looking online at bimini covers for the boat, currently have one but it is in need of replacement. It is not subject to super heavy abuse as I generally fold it back up before traveling at decent speeds.

I see a bunch on Amazon in the 250 range, was looking at the 4 bow models as they seem to be a little stouter. My question is, has anyone ordered one from any of these companies? Or even just one in this price range, let me know your experience.

I have one that only paid 125 for off of amazon. Its a 4 bow. Only had it this year but so far so good

Comment

Originally posted by Garbuster View Post
      I have one that only paid 125 for off of amazon. Its a 4 bow. Only had it this year but so far so good
      What brand? There's so many in that price range. Does yours have the straps in front and rear or a bar in rear and straps only in front

Comment

Up

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I just ordered one on Amazon from MSC? that was like $130 for my jon boat. The "end" pieces are plastic instead of aluminium but other than that it seemed to be similar quality as the much more expensive one on my Caravelle...time will tell if the plastic ends hold up, but you can buy replacement aluminium ends if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
              I just ordered one on Amazon from MSC? that was like $130 for my jon boat. The "end" pieces are plastic instead of aluminium but other than that it seemed to be similar quality as the much more expensive one on my Caravelle...time will tell if the plastic ends hold up, but you can buy replacement aluminium ends if they don't.
              Funny, thats the one I was going to order. Is yours the 4 bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                Funny, thats the one I was going to order. Is yours the 4 bow?
                It's only a 3 since it was just for a jon. It has poles in the back and straps in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                  it's only a 3 since it was just for a jon. It has poles in the back and straps in the front.
                  would you be able to remove the poles and just run straps in the front and the back? That is the setup i have now and it makes it very easy to remove if i don't want it on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                    would you be able to remove the poles and just run straps in the front and the back? That is the setup i have now and it makes it very easy to remove if i don't want it on the boat.
                    I think so. I was planning on buying a spare set of straps if the poles didn't work out, but they worked nice.

Here's a pic, and yes I know the canvas was crooked when I snapped the pic

Comment

Ok, awesome that looks good for the price. Due to my mounting location and seats in the back of the boat I'm not sure if the poles will work so I just wanted to make sure they were removable.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbuster View Post

Like GB said, I purchased mine from Amazon for 125. Just be sure you take some measurements and choose the correct option when ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                          Like GB said, I purchased mine from Amazon for 125. Just be sure you take some measurements and choose the correct option when ordering.

But that's not a "Bimini" you got it mounted on!!

Comment

Working...
                          X