Clear All

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    Fair enough. Guess I'm the only one who likes thought experiments
    Yessir....the rest of us like boobies.

Comment

Fair enough. Guess I'm the only one who likes thought experiments
      I do not know how to calculate that equation. Didn't get that far... lol
      Last edited by WCB; 06-19-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Yessir....the rest of us like boobies.
        If a man only had the capacity to like one thing, boobies isn't a bad choice.

No engineers on here to help me out?

Comment

If a man only had the capacity to like one thing, boobies isn't a bad choice.

No engineers on here to help me out?
          Problem is that I can only like one thing at time and during your "thought experiment" I was distracted by....well....boobies.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Problem is that I can only like one thing at time and during your "thought experiment" I was distracted by....well....boobies.
            It's like I'm playing poker with my brother's kids or something.

Comment

It's like I'm playing poker with my brother's kids or something.
              Great Tombstone reference.

Now I'm not distracted, so I'm gonna help you. There are simply too many variables for you to ascertain whether or not the new strings gave you increased velocity that led to your arrow striking 8" higher. As stated before, your nock or your peep could have simply not been placed back in the "exact" same place thus causing the errant shot. I've changed strings several times and never realized an increase in velocity....certainly not a noticeable one. So my attempt at humor, (boobies are awesome), was really an attempt to distract you from your "thought experiment" that was gonna leave you with either a headache or the misconception that you'd actually figured something out. You had no idea what you FPS was before so there is no way ANYONE can figure out if you increased in velocity. You stated earlier that you were "having fun with the math" trying to figure it out. My question is "what math"? You're 20 yards away and your arrow is hitting 8" high. What could you possible get from that to determine FPS increase due to new strings. NOW you know why I got distracted by boobies.

Comment

200+ fps if you started around an average hunting setup speed.

**Not an engineer though

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  But with longer string the draw weight would be less since limbs would be more relaxed for lack of a better term thus making it slower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  If you increase the string length the draw weight increases. If you shorten the cables, the draw weight increases.

Comment

Working...
                  X