No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided as long as Dyson is the closer I can't watch the games. It was too hard last year and now with the announcers it is unbearable to watch him pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      Being a baseball nerd I absorb statistics. If I recall, last year the Rangers had a team era in the mid fours and ranked 13th or 14th-not terrible, but not great. The bullpen was far worse ranking in the mid 20s out of 30 teams. Despite all that the Rangers had the best record in the AL, which was quite amazing. They also set a major league record for come from behind wins numbering close to 50. The Rangers had a phenomenal offense last year and a desire to never give up. But solid pitching wins championships, not a great offense. John Daniels needs to make some moves I'm afraid.

Iirc the bullpen was pretty **** salty during the middle of the season thru mid September. Their numbers were bad early
      and late.

It has the capability to be good. I'd like to see Dyson in the setup roll and let Jeffress or Bush get a shot at closing.

Comment

Looooooong season. They get a pretty long stretch of non-world series teams now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Looooooong season. They get a pretty long stretch of non-world series teams now.

True but Dyson was losing it at the end of last season. I'm not jumping off anything.... I'm
          just ready to see somebody else get a chance.

Comment

I didn't watch any of he WBC but they say that Dyson was really good in those games. Maybe he used up all of his good stuff already because he has looked terrible so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Iirc the bullpen was pretty **** salty during the middle of the season thru mid September. Their numbers were bad early
              and late.

It has the capability to be good. I'd like to see Dyson in the setup roll and let Jeffress or Bush get a shot at closing.
              I'd like to see Bush get a shot at closing too. I think he would do well. He sure couldn't be any worse than Dyson has been so far.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                I have decided as long as Dyson is the closer I can't watch the games. It was too hard last year and now with the announcers it is unbearable to watch him pitch
                yeah, what happened to Buzz and Tom? the one new guy was filling in some for Tom last year, but this new duo is hard to listen to. id rather turn TV down and listen to Nadel call the game on the Fan.

Comment

Comment

great bullpen

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                      yeah, what happened to Buzz and Tom? the one new guy was filling in some for Tom last year, but this new duo is hard to listen to. id rather turn TV down and listen to Nadel call the game on the Fan.
                      Daniels could not handle him telling the truth when the team played bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        and late.

I'd like to see Jeffress get a shot also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good news is they didn't have a chance to lose last night!

Comment

Got to see that Stinky homer up close.

Comment

Nomar!!!!

Comment

.... and then it turns into the equivalent of a chimpanzee throwing $&@* at the glass. I swear you can't even breath with a 8 run lead

Comment

Working...
                                X