No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and the family got some work done today!

Comment

Comment

I am about to get started on some raised beds in Georgetown...gonna do tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and maybe something else...can someone school me on the best berry to grow that will give best yield and lower fuss? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
          I am about to get started on some raised beds in Georgetown...gonna do tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and maybe something else...can someone school me on the best berry to grow that will give best yield and lower fuss? Thanks!
          Blackberry. ..but they tend to take over

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just getting going on prepping and clearing all the growth from last season. ...I'll probably wait till March to plant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
              I'm going to give it another month.
              Three 4x8 beds and some edges that I'll plant beans, cucumbers, peas, corn in...
              And there's no mowin that back yard!

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                I've only got about 300 sq. ft. available for a garden due to our postage stamp sized back yard. I'm gonna put down some horse manure (plenty available this political season coming from the left). I'm thinking of planting some green beans and maybe some squash. This will be a project for me and the 4 year old grandson.
                Actually that would be ***** manure wouldn't it?

Comment

Dang shake and bake! Looks like you got that man killer kicking the$&!#out of you. You got rocks in the soil?

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                    Dang shake and bake! Looks like you got that man killer kicking the$&!#out of you. You got rocks in the soil?

A few rocks but really hard ground especially in the area the video caught. The video only shows half of what I did, I cross tilled it also. It whooped me pretty good I'm feeling it today!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                      Ordered my seeds yesterday from baker seed company, but going to be trying aquaponics instead of my normal dirt garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Have you ordered from them before? Gonna try them out this year.

Comment

I tilled my garden up yesterday and put out 200 onion sets.

Comment

Got my wife's garden plot ready to plant her 'taters. Was going to plant them on Tuesday, but looks like rain and don't have time to get 'em in today so it will be a few days now before she can plant them likely... This is the first year with a garden this size... I hope she knows what she's gettin' herseff into! Whole plot is 20 rows that are 150 feet long...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	24485165

Also going to put in a new plot of primocane thronless blackberries so I got that bed ready to go too...

Name:	IMG_6395.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	24485166

Now if I could just get rid of all those dang crawfish mounds!! This is my back yard!!

Name:	IMG_6402.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	24485167

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Got my wife's garden plot ready to plant her 'taters. Was going to plant them on Tuesday, but looks like rain and don't have time to get 'em in today so it will be a few days now before she can plant them likely... This is the first year with a garden this size... I hope she knows what she's gettin' herseff into! Whole plot is 20 rows that are 150 feet long...

[ATTACH]840933[/ATTACH]

Also going to put in a new plot of primocane thronless blackberries so I got that bed ready to go too...

[ATTACH]840939[/ATTACH]

Now if I could just get rid of all those dang crawfish mounds!! This is my back yard!!

[ATTACH]840940[/ATTACH]
                            That is some good lookin soil! Wish I had a little of it at my place!

Comment

Glad I seen this thread. I've done tomatoes a while now but looking to expand and get a garden in ground this year. Space is an issue for me but I'm hoping to build a small above ground bed

Comment

If anyone needs/wants one, I have an excellent tiller collecting dust in the shop I'll make a great deal on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X