Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living sq. footage

Comment

I would think in Lufkin you could build cheap. We built in Katy last year and built a custom 2700sq/ft for $113 Ft. That included the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        Real James Hardie products are not cheap. You also have to consider the additional caulking/painting costs. Its nearly a wash compared to brick. Also you said brick fireplace. If you mean a truly traditional brick fireplace with brick flue/chimney your looking at an additional $7 to $10k minimum. Your $126 per sqft may be a bit high but not insane. Lots to consider besides "granite"....Window quality? HVAC equipment? Custom cabinets? Trim package? Flooring materials? Tile surrounds for tubs? Custom shower? All these items add up (or deduct) significantly.
        This^^^^ 110-135 in Beaumont/Orange area depending on what you want. As mentioned Hardie is not as cheap as you think all things considered. Depending on what this bid includes you can cut some cost. Is this bid based on what you want or what the builder has given you for allowances. AC if zone controlled can run the cost up quick. Flooring can make things go through the roof. your masonry fireplace will be higher than an insert. Far House paneled windows are outrageous.

Comment

I'm a custom home builder here in the Hill Country and most of my builds start in the $130-$140 range this is based on heated/cooled sq ft. Most of my builds end up in the $160 sq ft range. On occasion I will build one in the $110 ft price range.

For me, it all depends on finish out, slope of the lot, whether there is rock or not, etc. I do feel that quality labor (subs) isn't cheap but our local market dictates that.

Comment

We have plans drawn up and met with builder...currently looking for acreage (20ish).

3000sqft brick/rock exterior, granite, nice appliance, nice fixtures, nice window treatments, etc. spray foam, a truly nice/well built home. We are under 115/sqft. Depending on pad site, how deep our well needs to be, and how far from the road we will sit (electric and driveway) we should land around 122-124/sqft.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              For a 3500-4000 sf custom???? I may need you to send me your website/info again.

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

OP be aware, everyone has a different definition of "custom" and "nice finishes". In a real custom home your options are whatever your wallet can afford. Anything you want can be done, just depends on what you want to pay. Like stated above, price / sq ft is not an accurate comparison. To many factors and definitions of "nice" to compare apples to apples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the 170's in Georgetown, up the road in Jarrell , your looking in the 140's.

Comment

In and around the San Antonio area it seems to be in the $150-160 range for a custom home.

Comment

For all of these custom homes being built by yall, what kind of appliances, flooring, plumbing fixtures, etc are yall putting in? Large outside space, outside kitchen, fire places? I had a home quoted to build in Fulshear by two builders and Im not getting anywhere near the price of any of yall.

Comment

125 max which better include the septic. We ended up paying around 145 with lots of bells and whistles though. Be careful about going with the cheapest bid. We went with a quality builder with a great reputation and we couldn't of been happier. He was on time and always returned calls. And if there were any issues he remedied it immediately. You don't get that with everyone, so be very careful because you can have an absolute nightmare on your hands if you go with the wrong contractor!

Comment

Price seems fair.
                          Maybe $10 per square high.
                          If he is good he will be worth an extra 10%

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                            I'm getting quotes around NB upwards of 150- 170 for a custom German farmhouse look
                            Any pics? love that style.

Comment

From a lender that deals with lots of different builders that customers bring to the table I can say that if I was to ever build a home I would be VERY willing to pay an extra $10-$20/sqft to use one of the local quality builders in my area and not one of the best bang for your buck builders in my local area. There is a BIG difference between a good builder and a top notch builder and it WILL cost you some more $ to have the Top Notch builder complete the home for you. If your builder is one of the top notch builders then I would not worry about your bid being $10-$15/ft over what you were expecting. If that puts the home out of your budget then accept that fact and wait another 6 months to start and save some more $ between now and then

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                                I price houses for a custom builder in the north Texas area (north of Denton) and we would be around $90-$95 for the house itself depending on plan and location.
                                Would this be around the Ray Roberts area?

Comment

Working...
                                X