help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
    Do I have to have a fire stick or box? I have a smart TV will that allow me to load Kodi and watch?
    No, smart tv can not run kodi. You need a kodi capable device.

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
    Whats the deal on this Jetstreambox 4? It hitting FB heavy $350 it gets everything, even Lone Ranger live, well maybe not that but thats about all it won't do?
    Its an overpriced android box running kodi.

Comment

Okay, sorry to bother - My main watching is sports. What would be the best set up that would still allow me to watch games live ?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Okay, sorry to bother - My main watching is sports. What would be the best set up that would still allow me to watch games live ?
        The best set up is probably your cable or sat with all the sports packages or whatever you are currently using. Its best- just aint cheap.

What you gain going to into a kodi box like we have been discussing is access to content at no to very little monthly cost.

Depending on how you set it up, you may experience less than hd quality, some buffering, ect. Only you can weigh the pros and cons and decide if it will work for you. For me, ill trade a few hiccups here and there for no tv bill.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          There are apps that show sports. They do have Pro Sports on Kodi, but I have never been able to get it to work. Always a fake stream. With the Amazon Fire Stick or box, you can load just about any android app on your TV. So if you can watch sports on your phone, you can watch them on the TV. Like the MLB app or ESPN app.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
              Whats the deal on this Jetstreambox 4? It hitting FB heavy $350 it gets everything, even Lone Ranger live, well maybe not that but thats about all it won't do?
              Its a rip-off. Get a fire stick and beng watch the Any Griffin Show.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                Do I have to have a fire stick or box? I have a smart TV will that allow me to load Kodi and watch?
                Yes, if its a android based smart TV. The new Sony TV's with android platform can load android apps like Kodi. You will just have to check your brand of smart TV.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  The best set up is probably your cable or sat with all the sports packages or whatever you are currently using. Its best- just aint cheap.

What you gain going to into a kodi box like we have been discussing is access to content at no to very little monthly cost.

Depending on how you set it up, you may experience less than hd quality, some buffering, ect. Only you can weigh the pros and cons and decide if it will work for you. For me, ill trade a few hiccups here and there for no tv bill.
                  I have been using sportsaccess on kodi. $38 for 3 months. You can even get a day pass for something like $6 if you simply want to catch a UFC. Every HD sports you could imagine. Even some that I didn't even know were sports.

But as always with these types of addons, it could be gone tomorrow. I always have a backup in mind.

Comment

I just bought one of the new android boxes with kodi that Wes built and we love it. We chose to pay the 13/month for the iptv for 250+ HD channels. It's not a must though...there are tons of channels and options for no monthly fees. We have watched tons of NEW movies, all in high quality with no buffering whatsoever. It took me a little while to get used to how and where to find certain things because I was so used to DirectTV but it's easy once you figure it out. It's all there somewhere, you just have to have the right add-ons and know where to look. I've added a few add-on's that weren't a part of his build. The only thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to go to a show from the live guide. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. For some reason the guide isn't in the right time zone so it is confusing looking at it. I'm sure I justhave a setting wrong somewhere. This thing was $100 well spent for sure..

Comment

Paging Wes: I picked up another android box off amazon. When I hooked it up it seems like the software thinks that my screen is bigger than it is. Several items show up off screen. Any ideas? I need to get BA Box loaded up but need to see the whole screen!

Comment

Just kidding, figured it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                          Just kidding, figured it out!
                          Glad you got it figured out.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.

Wes, is there a way to change the stream in your build? We started a movie last night and all was good, today it will only grab a stream with Japanese audio. Am I missing something obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by udrandman View Post
                              Wes, is there a way to change the stream in your build? We started a movie last night and all was good, today it will only grab a stream with Japanese audio. Am I missing something obvious?

Yeah - highlight the movie or show and hit the menu button on the remote. It will pull up a menu - select play using- and choose your stream.

Comment

Yeah - highlight the movie or show and hit the menu button on the remote. It will pull up a menu - select play using- and choose your stream.

Thanks! I figured it was something obvious that I was missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X