• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
    Same for both
    X2

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        It was not directly about you rather the many cable cutters, or so they call themselves.
        Tons of good info in this thread but not sure how this benefits anyone.
        Last edited by hightech; 04-20-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I agree tons of good info.... almost too much. I wouldn't know which direction to go now.

Do you have to have smart TV's to make these options work?

I have 6 TV's. Would I need to purchase a fire stick, roku, or whatever device I decide to use for each tv?

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
            I agree tons of good info.... almost too much. I wouldn't know which direction to go now.

Do you have to have smart TV's to make these options work?

I have 6 TV's. Would I need to purchase a fire stick, roku, or whatever device I decide to use for each tv?
            don't need a smart tv but would need a device for each tv. they are easy to move though, just unplug one from a tv and move it to the other if you wanted to keep start up cost down.

doesn't take much to get each tv set up though. as low as about $35 per tv.

Comment

Thanks to this thread I went and purchased the fire tv and had kodi and some apps installed in less than an hour. I am not very tech savvy so it's not that hard. Very cool product.

Comment

ok one step closer, fiber optic cam to the country so we had it installed now help me out on a good antenna for the local channels then I will go on from there. baby steps for us non tech types.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                  ok one step closer, fiber optic cam to the country so we had it installed now help me out on a good antenna for the local channels then I will go on from there. baby steps for us non tech types.
                  i will happily sell a programmed box to anyone not wanting to take on the task.

Comment

Wes122984, I'm in Sealy TX and want unlimited fast internet for the cutting, how many GB's do you recommend. I have Dish/Hughes now and it blows..................

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Webb View Post
                      Wes122984, I'm in Sealy TX and want unlimited fast internet for the cutting, how many GB's do you recommend. I have Dish/Hughes now and it blows..................
                      if using wifi you will only get about 1/2 of your speed on a constant basis so get as much as you can where the pricing makes sense. 10-15mbps is plenty speed for on demand shows/movies. much higher is needed/better for live tv.25-30 at least.

mine is limited to 350gb per month and I use 200-250 normally watching nothing but streaming with h264 devices.

I ordered a bunch of new boxes that use h265 encoding which uses 1/2 the data most streaming devices. they are built specifically for running kodi and constant streaming. also working on a custom build out of the kodi software. movies, tv shows, live tv, sports and hunting/fishing. plug and play ready to go.

I will have them ready to ship out hopefully by the end of next week.

Comment

Just got my jail broken firestick, with Kodi. Wishing I would have done this a long time ago! Not as hard to use as I thought it would be. Got it for my man cave, running off my mobile hot spot, and no lagging or buffering.

Comment

if using wifi you will only get about 1/2 of your speed on a constant basis so get as much as you can where the pricing makes sense. 10-15mbps is plenty speed for on demand shows/movies. much higher is needed/better for live tv.25-30 at least.

mine is limited to 350gb per month and I use 200-250 normally watching nothing but streaming with h264 devices.

I ordered a bunch of new boxes that use h265 encoding which uses 1/2 the data most streaming devices. they are built specifically for running kodi and constant streaming. also working on a custom build out of the kodi software. movies, tv shows, live tv, sports and hunting/fishing. plug and play ready to go.

What are you using to get hunting and fishing shows? Do you know of a way I could stream major league fishing, bass master's, flw, etc.....?

Comment

Where do you sell these boxes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                              What are you using to get hunting and fishing shows? Do you know of a way I could stream major league fishing, bass master's, flw, etc.....?
                              it may take some time to find the exact channels but im sure they are out there.

the way I do it is find my favorites and create a shortcut to them and label the channel.

phoenix has a hunting channel lineup with hunting fishing ect, pursuit , outdoor ect.

sports devil has a ton of stuff-just have to sort though the thousands of channels and favorite the ones you like.

when it comes to live tv, you basically build out the exact channel lineup you want via a few sources. theres only a few things I just like to watch live (games, fights ect) anything else I don't mind waiting until the next day and watching prerecorded episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                                Where do you sell these boxes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                Im just starting to. First order of 50 custom boxes will arrive from china on Wednesday. im going to load them up with my custom kodi build & addons then sell them.

Ill have 29 left to sell from this first order. The others are spoken for. $99 for 1/$149 for 2/$199 for 3 shipping included.

Comment

Working...
                                X