• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack it up and block it up good
    Start it up in a higher gear like 2nd or 3rd
    Hold clutch down and rev tractor
    slam the brakes and it will pop loose.

This is how you unstick clutches on trucks.

Doing work with the tractor may work because everything will eventually heat up to temp and maybe break free.

Comment

Haven't a clue... But my dad has had a tractor mechanic come out to the house (outside of Lott) and break his 4020 in half and replace his... I think the guy is in Temple... resonable rates if I remember correctly.

Comment

tried everything except blocking it up and slamming on the breaks,thats my next try,man i really dont wanna split this thing,its got a cab and everything,gonna be tough

Comment

The bigger the tractor the more expensive it is. Split 8n...not too bad on uneven ground. Wouldn't think about doing full size backhoe/FEL myself without access to another tractor with FEL and some hefty jacks and big tools.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
            chained it to a tree today,just dug holes
            When you chained it to the tree did you just pull against it? Or let the tractor get rolling then hit the end of the chain? The sudden impact on the clutch is what will break it loose. Pulling will not do it. If at all possible use a tow strap instead of a chain. Ive seen a chain go through a back window and then through a passenger headrest while jerking someone out of the mud. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
              Hammer???
              This is how I fix everything...or try to fix everything. After I use this method I usually buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                When you chained it to the tree did you just pull against it? Or let the tractor get rolling then hit the end of the chain? The sudden impact on the clutch is what will break it loose. Pulling will not do it. If at all possible use a tow strap instead of a chain. Ive seen a chain go through a back window and then through a passenger headrest while jerking someone out of the mud. Good luck.
                THIS /\ /\ /\..... the clutch pedal has to be in released position. Grew up with old equipment and tractors. Have never had one that I could brake loose(not sayin it can't happen)
                Last edited by Shiner; 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Its a johndeere--drive it in a tank or catch it on fire

Comment

Working...
                  X