TC Encore Trigger Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC Encore Trigger Adjustment

Anyone here ever adjusted a trigger on a TC Encore? If it's not too hard, I may do it myself. But might consider taking it to a gunsmith to adjust it. If so, where would you suggest in the San Antonio area?

There is no adjustment per se, you have to perform a full bore trigger job on it.

Mike Bellm does the best in the business. Unfortunately he is not taking any orders at the moment.

He has parts and instructions on how to do it on his site www.bellmtcs.com and he has partnered with a gunsmith in his area to do them for him. I have not had one done by that guy but if Bellm trusts him, he probably does good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      There is no adjustment per se, you have to perform a full bore trigger job on it.

Mike Bellm does the best in the business. Unfortunately he is not taking any orders at the moment.

He has parts and instructions on how to do it on his site www.bellmtcs.com and he has partnered with a gunsmith in his area to do them for him. I have not had one done by that guy but if Bellm trusts him, he probably does good work.
      x2, but it cost a pretty penny!

Comment

Originally posted by tx_dropem View Post
        x2, but it cost a pretty penny!
        And it is worth every penny. It is the finest trigger of any gun I own. He used to run a special for $88 and that is when I had mine done. If you are adventurous his kits are very reasonably priced.

Comment

I need to get a trigger job done on my Encore.

Comment

I had mine done at MG Arms here in Houston and it cost 75.00 set at 2.5lbs he did a great job and it makes a great deal of difference from factory.

Comment

Anyone know where you can get one done in North Texas..I have an Encore that is TOO HEAVY!! Metroplex area would be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I had my TC done 2 yrs ago by the gunsmith Mike uses since he was booked solid.

Sent JUST the action in and received it completed within a week.

Went from 7 pounds stock to 2 1/2 CRISP pounds.

For me, it's just right!!

Comment

I have a friend that knows how to do the encore's, the pro hunter's don't do as good tho. He got mine down to 2.6#, no creep or after travel.
                  Last edited by firecapt186; 10-25-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

You can also send just the frame into TC Pro shop and they can do it for you said it would take about a week to have it completed. Just go to their web site and they have a link that will give you all the info.

Comment

I did mine. With a little work and a new spring. Nothing to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X