Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post
    Those who did the HS delete, did you unplug your EGR
    My EGR is gone. I can see all my Bank 2 injectors, and get to them relatively easy too. Also replaced the down pipe to keep EGT down. Since the Ford doesn't have an EGT sensor, and I didn't want to add one, I figured better safe than sorry down the road.

In all honesty, unless you want to fiddle with customizing tunes, H&S is the way to go. but I have found the 4 tunes it comes with are more than sufficient. Keep in mind, there are no more updates for an H&S as the company no longer is involved in programmers due to government coming down on them hard.

One thing I will add, with the delete, the #7 injector will not wear out as fast. #7 injector is used during the regen process to dump diesel into the exhaust during the exhaust stroke to clean the filter. That's why the 6.7 #7 injectors go out first.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
      Mine does the swoosh sound every once in a while, when i stop.
      I have had my truck deleted since 50k miles. I am at 115k now. Mine has done that ever since the delete was put on. Basically the turbo spools up to 1 psi, twice. I worried about it for the first month, realized its normal, and forgot about it.

One other thing that will happen, once you shut your truck off, I think its the fuel pump that makes a hum sound for 30 seconds or so. No idea why, just that it does.

Comment

No issues so far... other than my foot getting heavier...
        Truck sounds great bit runs even better... amazing it was restricted as much as it was..

Have noticed a computer tick up in my mileage by about 2.
        I'll know how true that is once my foot goes back to normal..

I still got the Egr kit to put on and got new intercooler pipes (see the other thread on those) to throw on as well.

One quick question in the H&S on the fly tuning....
        Is it truly on the fly or should you be stopping and making tune switches...
        Found threads going all directions on this but no real instruction..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

One quick question in the H&S on the fly tuning....
          Is it truly on the fly or should you be stopping and making tune switches...
          Found threads going all directions on this but no real instruction..

I've switched on the fly, but personally I can't really "feel" a difference between any of the tunes.
          It may be because I never added the CAI to allow it to breath better, it may be that my tuner is a dud.
          I "feel" better about switching modes at a stop, but don't think it really matters.

I run around in tow tune and accidentally bumped it back to stock the other day and didn't realize it until I looked down and read it on the screen.

I keep in in tow tune because I "think" I can feel a little more power and quicker throttle response than stock mode. But only a stop watch and a drag strip would prove it to me and I'm not beating on this truck to find out.

My MPG's went up by 2 at first also, then slowly but surely fell back to normal. I'm not sure if that's the nature of the beast or driving habits changing back to normal.

My neighbor recently added an H&S to his 6.7ford and is driving in stock mode. He has been doing so with the tuner unplugged- which the H&S owners manual warns will revert the truck to stock and throw a code- so far (two weeks in) this has not been the case. Makes me feel better about someone stealing the tuner and leaving the owner with no stock tune to revert back to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I may or may not have made a new Mustang GT feel pretty stupid from a 70mph stomp this past Saturday coming home from the frio.

Comment

This might be a stupid questions but what do y'all do about yearly inspections? Will your local shop pass these with the straight pipe on it? I'm fixing to pull the trigger on this myself just because I want the most life out of my truck possible, but trying to figure out the inspections once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by DDOYLE View Post
                This might be a stupid questions but what do y'all do about yearly inspections? Will your local shop pass these with the straight pipe on it? I'm fixing to pull the trigger on this myself just because I want the most life out of my truck possible, but trying to figure out the inspections once a year.

Have to find the right inspection station...

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  OK that's what I thought.

Comment

They don't check emissions on diesels...safety only. 7 bucks.

Comment

The Dodge dealer in Alvin did mine

Comment

I had mine deleted EGR and Def, with an SCT tuner for a little less than 3k. It was done at Tomball Diesel and Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          All I can tell you, is you will wish you'd done it the day you bought the truck.

I did mine at 19,000 miles when the guy at the Chevy house told me it was "normal" for the temp to go to 260 in Regen mode. No more regen mode. 224,000 miles later she still aint regeneratin....just rollin along.
                          Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Why the hell did I not do this sooner?

Comment

Well guess Im fixn to get ready to do mine...**** thing threw all sorts of codes all DEF related.

Any recommendations on which way to go? 2012 f 250...dont want anything crazy really just want to get rid or all the DEF crap and have a little better performance. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              They don't check emissions on diesels...safety only. 7 bucks.

Not correct for Harris or surrounding counties.

Comment

Not correct for Harris or surrounding counties.
                                I live in Harris...never once had an emissions test and have had inspectors tell me outright its safety only.

Who did you hear that from?

Comment

Working...
                                X