No announcement yet.

DPF complete delete kit recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can work a ratchet...you can do this.
    The hanger pliers were a good investment.

Comment

Comment

No more DEF...no more regen!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          If you can work a ratchet...you can do this.
          The hanger pliers were a good investment.
          I might have a chance then

Keep us updated on how its running ect. Fixn to start lookin around and get one ordered.

Comment

As mentioned before you will need to worry about the turbo on the hotter tunes. People have said to watch out for H&S because of the timing in their tunes but they say the same thing for Spartan and I have ran theirs for 120k miles. Just try not to beat on it too much for the sake of your transmission.......... The power is intoxicating on a tuned and deleted truck so it is hard to stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              As mentioned before you will need to worry about the turbo on the hotter tunes. People have said to watch out for H&S because of the timing in their tunes but they say the same thing for Spartan and I have ran theirs for 120k miles. Just try not to beat on it too much for the sake of your transmission.......... The power is intoxicating on a tuned and deleted truck so it is hard to stay out of it.
              I know it is, I run mine on the street tune and if you just press the peddle it will nearly lift the front tires off the ground...

Comment

Love that truck! Best color combination ever. What year?

Comment

I have the exact same truck and set up as yours, except that when I talked with a mechanic buddy of mine he said that the EGR delete was unnecessary because the programmer shuts the EGR valve and renders the EGR useless. he did say that you are nearly guaranteed to break bolts removing the EGR and to have an extraction tool ready. very high temps in that area of the engine and the heating and cooling plays hell with the threads. I did notice a swooshing sound from my truck when I stop to get the mail every day. I put it in park and about 15 seconds later there is a deep inhale type sound from the exhaust. It usually does it twice and then it stops. there is no engine stutter or any other affect except for this sound. if you get a chance, let me know if your truck does this and what you think it is. like I said, it is only after I have been driving and the truck is warmed up. I come to a stop, put it in park and it makes a swooshing sound twice before going back to purring along in an idle.

Comment

It's a 2011..
                    No swoosh that I can notice...?
                    Put it on performance and good lord..
                    I won't be using that..but it sure is nice to know it's there..

Comment

Holy ****.
                      Cannot believe the power this thing has...and I havnt even tried street or performance tunes yet.just sitting in tow it's night and freaking day
                      I remember road testing my durajap after the delete and tune. Pretty sure I saw the ditch of the east bound side of the road going west

Youre gonna love that truck now

Comment

That DPF goes against everything I ever knew about making an engine run at its peak efficiency... but I had no idea it was that freakin restrictive..
                        You can read and watch videos all day long, listen to friends etc.. but I was not expecting this.
                        I got new tires goin on her Friday... probably a good thing because I might play a little before I force myself back to stock/tow for the majority of my driving ..

Comment

Originally posted by acopperdawg View Post
                          I have the exact same truck and set up as yours, except that when I talked with a mechanic buddy of mine he said that the EGR delete was unnecessary because the programmer shuts the EGR valve and renders the EGR useless. he did say that you are nearly guaranteed to break bolts removing the EGR and to have an extraction tool ready. very high temps in that area of the engine and the heating and cooling plays hell with the threads. I did notice a swooshing sound from my truck when I stop to get the mail every day. I put it in park and about 15 seconds later there is a deep inhale type sound from the exhaust. It usually does it twice and then it stops. there is no engine stutter or any other affect except for this sound. if you get a chance, let me know if your truck does this and what you think it is. like I said, it is only after I have been driving and the truck is warmed up. I come to a stop, put it in park and it makes a swooshing sound twice before going back to purring along in an idle.
                          Mine does the swoosh sound every once in a while, when i stop.

Comment

Those who did the HS delete, did you unplug your EGR

Comment

I did because it said to.. I bought the egr delete kit because the H&s didn't come with a pyrometer and the kit allows you to use the one from your DPF unit

Comment

Interesting gonna have to do some shopping for the 08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X