NFL overtime rule rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    To what? The college format so the defense “can not be allowed to play” for 7 OTs?[emoji23]
    No, just give both units one possession, if they both score then next to score wins the game, if you have a high flying offense that scores lots of points like the Rams and the Patriots, by winning the toss the Patriots have an unfair advantage to end the game without the other offense seeing the field. JMO which I am sure the NFL could give two flips about.

Comment

They did have a chance. Make a defensive stop like the Rams did in OT and win the game

Comment

To what? The college format so the defense “can not be allowed to play” for 7 OTs?[emoji23]
        def don't want to see that 7 ots crap again anytime soon. Not sure what the solution is but the way they have it right now is crap.

Comment

I bet some of you believe in participation trophies as well.

The system is not flawed. Get out there and make a stop and you’ll get the ball back. Do your job

Comment

Just play an extra 10 minute overtime period with the same rules and regulations as a normal quarter. Whoever has the most pts at the end wins the game. Basically just extending the game with more time to see who the winner will be. No sudden death.

Comment

KC had 2 chances to make a stop and didnt either time. They lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                KC had 2 chances to make a stop and didnt either time. They lost.

That pretty much sums it up.....

Comment

It’s a fair rule. Since the change in 2012, the team that possesses the ball first has won 50% of the time. Before the change it was around 80% iirc.

Comment

They already had 4 quarters to equally show that.
                    Agreed

Comment

This is just me, not been a big fan of football in a while, I feel its all staged and they know who is going to win, the missed call on the Saints game that a blind man could see and the roughing the Quarter back call on Brady when he was never touched to the head, but there again that's just me and my opinion only. Just wished I made there kind of money running around on a field
                      God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

No field goals or extra points in OT. TD and only can go for 2

Comment

Wait......I thought we all boycotted football?

Comment

I like it.

It's OT because they couldn't settle it before the final whistle blew. It should be slanted towards a quick finish.

Comment

If they want to cut the games shorter, then just start the game like they do OT...if the team who wins the coin toss scorers a TD, everyone go home. its over. No need to even play 60 minutes and risk injury to anyone at all. People wouldn't get tired, it would cut down on the amount of concussions, its a win/win for everyone

Except the fans...kind of like the way OT is currently done, IMO I think each team should at least get the ball. Just like everyone is saying "stop them and you get a chance" it would relate to the Pats during this game. The Chiefs get the ball after NE scores...stop them and you win and advance.

I see both sides of the argument. Realistically it comes down to whomever wins the coin toss has a distinct advantage...doesn't really seem like an even way of doing it to me. But heck, they didn't ask for my input when they created the OT rules

Comment

If the team that wins the coin flip scores a touchdown make them go for 2 points, then let the other team get a shot. Makes each team have offense and defense play a series.

Comment

Working...
                                X