NFL overtime rule rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL overtime rule rant

In my opinion, a change needs to me made in the NFL overtime rule. An overtime win shouldn't be the luck of a coin toss. Both sides should have a possession of the ball. I'm referring to last night's Chiefs and Patriots game and many other games for that matter. Would like to have seen the Chiefs get a chance to answer.

No more than one 10-minute period will follow a three-minute intermission. Each team must possess, or have the opportunity to possess, the ball. The exception: if the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown on the opening possession."

I agree

Comment

Yep, it is a stupid rule. This was a freaking playoff game for a trip to the super bowl. The Chiefs would have likely won had they won to coin toss. What is the big hurry? Keep playing until somebody actually wins by holding the other team from scoring. It shouldn't come down to the flip of a coin.

Comment

The saints won the toss they didn’t win . Stop somebody and maybe you can get the ball . But yeah I agree they need to change it .

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

Agreed, every other sport has it right except for the NFL. To much on the line to not have this looked at and fixed.

Comment

I agree there's no reason for the "game over if it's a touchdown" rule.

Comment

I agree. Same goes for the college poll & not having a playoff system.

Comment

anything but the coin toss ... that should be only for the BEGINNING of a game.

Comment

I am fine with it. If you give up a touchdown then you lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the nfl willingly compromises their sport to make their games fit in a time box. it's absurd.

Comment

Agree, it’s better than it used to be but should have opportunity to match.

Comment

NFL overtime rule rant

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          I am fine with it. If you give up a touchdown then you lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. They just changed it a few years ago from sudden death first to score wins. Now you have to score a TD to not let the other side get the ball back

The coin toss doesn’t determine the winner. The defense not stopping **** determined the winner. Stop Brady, then drive down and kick a FG. If you can’t come up with a stop, you deserve to lose. System is perfect.

Comment

NFL overtime rule rant

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            The saints won the toss they didn’t win . Stop somebody or hold them to a field goal and maybe you can get the ball back .

Exactly.... with a little added..

Comment

Agreed.. both teams should have an offensive possession.

Comment

Working...
                              X