Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laws....we don't need no stinkin laws......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Oh god yes.
    What is so great about it? Can a regular person hunt, fish, camp, like you can on our public lands? Do you hunt on our public lands?

It is my understanding that it is very difficult for a common man in Europe to hunt the "Commons"

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
      What is so great about it? Can a regular person hunt, fish, camp, like you can on our public lands? Do you hunt on our public lands?

It is my understanding that it is very difficult for a common man in Europe to hunt the "Commons"
      This is what we need that they have and its in many of their constitutions.

Comment

Any of y'all looked up at these fellers activities prior to being convicted?

Some interesting stuff in the details.

Comment

" The jury also convicted Steven Hammond for a 2006 blaze that prosecutors said began when he started several back fires, violating a burn ban, to save his winter feed after lightning started numerous fires nearby." WTH?

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
            " The jury also convicted Steven Hammond for a 2006 blaze that prosecutors said began when he started several back fires, violating a burn ban, to save his winter feed after lightning started numerous fires nearby." WTH?

That's what you used to do...and everyone in that country, but the BLM understood that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what we need that they have and its in many of their constitutions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam
              I'll take the hundreds of millions of acres of public land that I or any American can hunt, fish, camp on. That is definitely not the case in most of Europe

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                I'll take the hundreds of millions of acres of public land that I or any American can hunt, fish, camp on. That is definitely not the case in most of Europe
                You really thing you have true access to that land? They do.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                  I was looking more at this:

Here's how the Justice Department described Steven Hammond's actions, in a statement after he was resentenced:

"Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out 'Strike Anywhere' matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to 'light up the whole country on fire.' One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson."

Might be BS, just funny how this was never mentioned. Always Trumpers love it though!

Comment

The 2001 Hardie-Hammond fire began after hunters in the area witnessed the Hammonds illegally slaughtering a herd of deer.

Does this make sense? If there were "hunters" in the area, then it must have been in season. I would guess it wasn't at night. How exactly did the Hammonds "illegally slaughter an entire heard of deers" ? I guess the Hammonds take a box of matches with them every time they go deer slaughtering ?
                    Last edited by batmaninja; 07-11-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      The 2001 Hardie-Hammond fire began after hunters in the area witnessed the Hammonds illegally slaughtering a herd of deer.

Does this make sense? If there were "hunters" in the area, then it must have been in season. I would guess it wasn't at night. How exactly did the Hammonds "illegally slaughter an entire heard of deers" ? I guess the Hammonds take a box of matches with them every time they go deer slaughtering ?
                      Probably PETA ''witnesses" lying under oath.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        The BLM is out of control. It needs to be defunded and those in charge need to be put on trial. Just as bad as the EPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Agreed. Funny how a good intention turns into a raging freaking monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Probably PETA ''witnesses" lying under oath.
                          "At trial, jurors heard from a hunting guide, a hunter and the hunter’s father, who saw the Hammonds illegally, slaughter a herd of deer on public land. At least seven deer were shot with others limping or running from the scene. Less than two hours later, the hunting guide and the hunter and his father, were forced to abandon their campsite because a fire was burning in the area where the deer had been shot. The hunting guide’s testimony and photographs established fires were burning hours before Steven Hammond called the BLM and said he was going to do a burn of invasive species in the area. "

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            "At trial, jurors heard from a hunting guide, a hunter and the hunter’s father, who saw the Hammonds illegally, slaughter a herd of deer on public land. At least seven deer were shot with others limping or running from the scene. Less than two hours later, the hunting guide and the hunter and his father, were forced to abandon their campsite because a fire was burning in the area where the deer had been shot. The hunting guide’s testimony and photographs established fires were burning hours before Steven Hammond called the BLM and said he was going to do a burn of invasive species in the area. "
                            I'm throwing some chum out there in the water.

Comment

You really thing you have true access to that land? They do.
                              Yes I have true access. Going to go in a couple of weeks and camp and trout fish on our public lands in Colorado. Then going back in September to camp and hunt elk in Wyoming. I can go there any time of the year and camp or hike, weather permitting. I can hunt or fish anytime I have a license for the season. That is pretty true access.

I don't know many areas of Europe where a common man can go do all those things. If I'm wrong and there are, please post them up. I'd love to see them.

Comment

There is a lot more to the stories. The supposed poaching happened in 2001. The second fire happened in 2006. They got convicted in 2012, by my calculations that would be roughly 6 years after the second incident. Any idea why it took so long, I mean they had photos ?

The Hammonds were convicted in 2012 of setting fires that spread on government-managed land near their ranch. The elder Hammond was initially sentenced to three months in prison, while his son was ordered to a year and one day behind bars. But those sentences fell short of five-year minimums for arson committed against federal property. Prosecutors appealed, and the Hammonds were ordered to serve the full five-year terms.

In its statement Tuesday, the White House called the appeal "overzealous" and the resulting sentence "unjust."

Comment

Working...
                                X