Anybody have any Dealings with a Tire Road Hazard Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have any Dealings with a Tire Road Hazard Warranty

I just got back from the Lease Yesterday and I noticed about 30 mins ago I have a Thorn or a Nail in my Week old Toyo Tires in the sidewall just below the tread .I just bought them last friday...I know Road Hazard was included but my question is the ticket reads Tread Only..But usually that means that its based on the amount of tread thats left not the 40,000 mile warranty..Am I mistaken but my thoughts are I can get a replacement at little or No cost Right??Oh I bought them at Hamms Tires in Watagua..

I had some nitto tires on my last truck and that was the case. Got a huge cut in my tire, took it back to Discount Tire and got a brand new tire and all I had to pay was for a new warranty, and this tires were almost worn out at the time.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk.

Comment

Every road hazard warranty situation I've delt with involved replacement of the tire on a pro-rated treadwear basis. I don't know what "tread only" means. Damage to the sidewall is usually a replacement situation.

Stu

Comment

Have road haz many tires at discount and one at walmart for hunting trucks with same problem they always replace them no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
          Every road hazard warranty situation I've delt with involved replacement of the tire on a pro-rated treadwear basis. I don't know what "tread only" means. Damage to the sidewall is usually a replacement situation.

Stu
          This is how Discount does it, not sure about Hamms though.

Comment

They will read the tread or usage of the tires. They take whatever was "left" on the tire percentage and prorate the new tire(s).

For example- If you have 90% tread left on your newish tires, you get 90% of a tire credit towards your new purchase. Atleast that is what they did for me anyways

Comment

Thanks Guys they dont even have 1000 miles on them yet

Comment

Eric, not sure how your place does it but I think most places do it the same. You can buy complete road hazzard insurance. If you buy this, and something happens, they will replace the tire at no charge, no questions asked. If you don't buy complete road hazzard, then it comes with prorated road hazzard. By this method they calculate what percentage of the tire is left (either by tread remaining or milages) and will get you that much back towards a new tire. Hope this helps.

Eagle

Comment

Discount tire gave me no problem, tread wear was the pro rate factor!

Comment

I have road hazzard and the place didnt want to fix it under road hazzard. Had a nail later on and that was road hazzard to them. Apparently they didnt want to cover stuff off road even when they were off road tires.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                      I have road hazzard and the place didnt want to fix it under road hazzard. Had a nail later on and that was road hazzard to them. Apparently they didnt want to cover stuff off road even when they were off road tires.
                      Yeah, when I bought those nitto tires, that was the FIRST question I asked about the road hazard warranty. "what if I'm at the lease, or crossing a median (as a volunteer firefighter, not illegally crossing a median) and shred a tire?" "No problem, new tire."

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk.

Comment

Discount Tire is easy, never bought from Hamm?

Comment

Working...
                        X