No announcement yet.

Good book to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you go spending all your protein/corn money at Amazon, check out your local public library.
    Great suggestion. I think most people would be surprised at how much good content is available at your local library.

Comment

Tenth Legion by Tom Kelly

Comment

This thread made me decide to share what I have. I'll send out any of the books members want, don't care about shipping just want to share great books
        Last edited by hooligan; 08-12-2017, 10:12 PM. Reason: Fat fingered it

Comment

A American and Joe Nobody write some great fiction books. Both are very long series and those series by those two authors are still going.

Comment

A bit cliche, but:
            Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Life/Financial/Mind-Set)
            20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Fiction)
            The Black Hand, (Mexican Mafia)
            Art of the Deal (Needs no intro)
            The Road (Fiction)
            The Last Lecture (Non-Fiction)
            Over the Edge of the World (History)
            Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Non-fiction)
            The Art of War
            Iranian Rappers and Persian Poorn (Poorn spelled the real way in book title)
            I hope they serve beer in hell

Comment

Originally posted by nueceshwy55 View Post
              Check out books written by Elmer Kelton. The time it never rained, The wolf and the buffalo. Just a couple of his that are great reading.
              Second this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I second everyone saying CJ Box's Joe Pickett series. Start at the first book and have at it

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  I second everyone saying CJ Box's Joe Pickett series. Start at the first book and have at it
                  I'm gonna have to check these out. I download a lot of audio books since I cover TX, LA and Ok so I spend a lot of time in the car but I still order a bunch of paper backs to read when I'm at home.

Comment

Lonesome Dove series.
                    Longmire series by Craig Johnson.

Comment

Last book I read was the boys in the boat, which was fantastic.
                      Right now I'm reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. It's a good book, but seems like it's something I should have read in my late teens or early twenties. Next book will be Vonnegut and then some finance books.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                        I've really been enjoying the Lonesome Dove series.
                        better than the TV movies

Comment

I've been a voracious reader since I was but a child. We didn't have no TV and in retrospect, I'm glad. My grandma once told me that she was so glad when I learned to read so she didn't have to read to me anymore.
                          I've named but a few here that I've read. I have no idea just how many in total, but I expect that it's deep into 4 figures.
                          I've learned far more from reading than I ever learned through formal education. This is a topic dear to my heart.

Bob Lee
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                            We need to start a list of the "Essential TBH Library" or something similar. It would be the TBH staples that get mentioned in every book thread. Like:
                            The Bible
                            Empire of the Summer Moon
                            Lone Survivor
                            Lonesome Dove
                            Everything Louis L'amour
                            Game of Thrones
                            Frackers
                            The Big Rich

That's just off the top of my head what am I missing that qualifies? I know there are a bunch more.
                            Probably my all time favorite, excluding THE book.

Comment

Escape from Camp 14 (nonfiction: about the political prison camps in North Korea)

Birth of an Empire (fiction : historical fiction about Genghis Khan)

Titan (nonfiction: Bio on John D Rockefeller)

The Goal (nonfiction: business fable on operational improvements/leadership)

Essentialism (nonfiction : how to simplify a busy life)

Comment

Anything by John Sandford , Lee Child , CJ Box are my favorites . Like the Vince Flynn books as well . I did like all of the Larry McMurty books but have not read one for a while.
                                I was going to recommend the above but someone beat me to it....I'll add the Swagger books by Stephen Hunter to the above list.

Comment

Working...
                                X