Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just gets better with my local Ram Dealer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run down for those who didn't read previous thread. My truck had the ABS light coming on so I bring it to the local dealer Winnie Ram and they tell me they believe it's a recall and to drop it off. They take my name and number and I don't sign anything. They call me up say it's not a recall, I'm out of warranty, and it will be $1,200 plus Labor to fix it. I decide I would take care of it myself and tell them I'll be on my way to pick it up. I was out of town sent the wife to get it she hands me this receipt when I get back.

The receipt literally says no services performed. But yet they charged her $129 bucks with not explanation why!!!!!! Im going up their first thing in the morning for either; A) a very good explanation why or B) our $129 back.

Last edited by LuBowhunter; 08-11-2017, 06:32 PM.

Diagnostic fee?

Comment

what smart said

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Diagnostic fee?

That's fine but if your gonna charge me that, list it. Also don't mislead me into thinking it's a recall issue then tell me it's not and charge me. Also I fixed my truck in 10 minutes via using YouTube.

Comment

Took my ford in last week for no boost on the turbo. Ended up being a clogged air filter. I was aware of the $135 diagnostic fee though. Ended up costing $200 in total for a dang air filter

Comment

They should of communicated better with you, and $120.00 is very fair. IMO......

Comment

Sounds like ever dodge dealer I know of. Yep diagnostic fee... but same ol bait and switch

Comment

And shop fees of $8.40. This is why people hate on the car dealers they hose most everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                  That's fine but if your gonna charge me that, list it. Also don't mislead me into thinking it's a recall issue then tell me it's not and charge me. Also I fixed my truck in 10 minutes via using YouTube.
                  Lol. So what was the "fix?" You just did us like Winnie did you!

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                    And shop fees of $8.40. This is why people hate on the car dealers they hose most everybody.
                    This^

Comment

Why did she pay it???

Comment

When you go ask them how long it takes them to change oil in a diesel.That will tell you about the service department. Won't ever go back there and my buddies mom runs the dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                          They should of communicated better with you, and $120.00 is very fair. IMO......
                          Not if he looked it up on youtube and fixed it in ten minutes. The "pro" mechanics should have been able to fix it in 2 minutes.

Comment

If you did not authorize the charges then you owe them zero. Period end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              If you did not authorize the charges then you owe them zero. Period end of story.

Exactly! Once they looked up the recalls and found out it wasn't a recall they should of called me.

Comment

Working...
                              X