This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    So.....can Texas and A&M finally both be good at the same time?

For some reason it never happens.
    We can only dream. Replace super bowl with National Championship

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7N5tM-LaBo"]King of the Hill - All Texas Super Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I want to see Texas have a run like Florida did back in the 90s. Texas, A&M and one other in the top 5. Texas and Tech were close circa 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        What did he do this time?

Tried to run from the cops in Arkansas and get tackled on the concrete..

Wait, That would be their senior QB who is still on the roster!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
          Lots of folks sleeping on LSU
          O was 3-21 as a HC in the SEC so I'd say he prolly knows his way around the SEC. (lol)

Canada was OC at Pitt last year and NC state the 3 before. His offenses are predicated on pounding the ball with play action much like Les Miles tried to use. Canada is considered a conservative pick for OC by O in my book.
          Basically LSU hired a fan favorite that hasn't been real successful as a HC. As an interim he had two decent stops, but its hard to overlook his stint at Ole Miss. LSU should've kept Miles if they were just going to keep on the same route. O is nothing more than Les Miles 2.0 with Tony's sprinkled on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I want to see Texas have a run like Florida did back in the 90s. Texas, A&M and one other in the top 5. Texas and Tech were close circa 2008.
            I'd like to see Mike Leach back at Texas Tech.

He's the kind of coach that LSU should've taken a chance on. He could find ways to use their offensive talent.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              O was 3-21 as a HC in the SEC so I'd say he prolly knows his way around the SEC. (lol)

Canada was OC at Pitt last year and NC state the 3 before. His offenses are predicated on pounding the ball with play action much like Les Miles tried to use. Canada is considered a conservative pick for OC by O in my book.
              Basically LSU hired a fan favorite that hasn't been real successful as a HC. As an interim he had two decent stops, but its hard to overlook his stint at Ole Miss. LSU should've kept Miles if they were just going to keep on the same route. O is nothing more than Les Miles 2.0 with Tony's sprinkled on him.
              Interesting observation. I think we are all intrigued to see how it all plays out in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                Interesting observation. I think we are all intrigued to see how it all plays out in the coming months.
                They'll lose to Bama and Auburn in the West. Florida should be a good matchup and also a toss up imo. BYU will be a win, but should be a fair test to start the season. I see 9-3 worst cast scenario10-2 being likely. I'd pick exactly the same if Miles were still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
                  Miles was replaced by a man with a 3-21 SEC record....excuse me....7-23 if you count last year.
                  Last edited by drbonner; 08-08-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                    spite must still plague him. he tried to burn usc to the ground on his way out. the coaching fiasco at lsu spanned 3 years as handled by alleva. sold out on fisher and settled on ed o.

yeah, im a long way from sold on ed o, but i could be wrong. good luck.
                    He's also blocking other universities from having Camps in Louisiana. That is only hurting the lower ranked recruits keeping them from getting exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                      I'd like to see Mike Leach back at Texas Tech.

He's the kind of coach that LSU should've taken a chance on. He could find ways to use their offensive talent.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pirate in BR! Heck it was last season before I learned if the LSU quarterback threw the ball up and it didn't look like a pass I threw and an LSU receiver caught it that was a legal play! I had become accustomed to 2yds and a cloud of dust!

They haven't had a legitimate passing QB IMO since Matt Flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I wouldn't mind seeing the pirate in BR! Heck it was last season before I learned if the LSU quarterback threw the ball up and it didn't look like a pass I threw and an LSU receiver caught it that was a legal play! I had become accustomed to 2yds and a cloud of dust!

They haven't had a legitimate passing QB IMO since Matt Flynn.
                        The pirate doesn't get much credit because his defenses have been subpar. However you have to look at where he was. Tech and Washington State. Not many top defenders are willing to go to Lubbock or Pullman? I think he'd be successful in BR.

Comment

Agree. He's also best interview in sports. Leach in the SEC dogging Saban, ags, etc would be greatness

Comment

Number 17 should go public in a couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                              Agree. He's also best interview in sports. Leach in the SEC dogging Saban, ags, etc would be greatness
                              Like a golf coach old me one time, "don't tell me how, tell me how many". As far as coaches go, he is a good interview I guess.. He's like the John McCain of football.

In other news, BAMA finally has 10 commits for the time being. Maybe we'll be able to field a team in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                                Like a golf coach old me one time, "don't tell me how, tell me how many". As far as coaches go, he is a good interview I guess.. He's like the John McCain of football.

In other news, BAMA finally has 10 commits for the time being. Maybe we'll be able to field a team in the future.
                                Everyone in front of them will move down in the recruiting rankings at least one spot eventually

Comment

Working...
                                X