This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GARY View Post

Yes, my alma mater is actually ranked dead last in some division I polls.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rutgers?

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
      This new thread is developing a certain edge

I like it.

No more Horn v Aggie war.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Don't take it personal. I was a little overboard with circus down south. My apologies. The simple fact is they are losing out on top in state talent. TCU is happy about, I'm sure your not. Justin Rogers, John Stephens, Eddie Smith, Hidari Ceaser, Derius Davis. This didn't happen with Les around. And thanks for Turpin. That was a big one that got away. The pipeline has opened and doesn't look like it's closing anytime soon. Good luck this season. I'm in your state a lot working and I know how big the bayou bengals are for everyone down there. Yall should be getting the premier recruits in state every year and it's not happening. Hope it turns around soon because each year is exponential

Please explain to me how LSU missed out on Kavontae when he was the 43rd ranked player in LA, and he never even had a scholarship offer. Kid was dynamic in HS as a WR, but he was also 5'8" 150 lbs dripping wet. LSU had higher profile recruits as they signed 4 of the top 5 WR's in LA for this class. Turpin's offer list was basically SunBelt schools. GP took a chance and it panned out b/c #25 was a perfect fit for the TCU offense. Turpin would have never seen the field at LSU and been buried in the depth chart.

Justin Rogers was a definite LSU "want" and still is until NSD. His HS coach was butt-hurt at LSU for the way they handled Brandon Harris who also played at Parkview. Harris transferred to UNC b/c he sucked as a QB at LSU and lost his starting job to a transfer from Purdue. Blame Les or Cam Cameron for that one, not Orgeron. LSU's 2017 offense is unproven as Rogers verballed to the school that fit his athleticism and skill set the best. Kid will do well in FTW.

Regarding the names you mentioned, and I've listed below: I'm still trying to understand, how does LSU miss out on these recruits when they were never even offered a scholarship ??

John Stephens - 3* ATH, 28th ranked player in LA. #671 National Composite
        Eddie Smith - 3* CB/WR, 39th ranked player in LA. #829 NC
        Hidari Ceaser - 3* S, 47th ranked player in LA. #1010 NC
        Derius Davis - 3* CB, 56th ranked player in LA. #1185 NC

Dude, these guys are NOT the top talent, premier recruits in the State. They are good 3* athletes who pretty much had offers to SunBelt schools and a few P5 programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          His seat is more than hot, Hocutt all but said he has to win or they will change. Dang tough schedule he is facing too.

I honestly thing Kingsbury will win here if the fandom/admin are patient. He was elevated far too soon/quick, he wasn't ready. But he is a winner and has a winner's attitude and work ethic, he just doesent know how yet.

I do think Tech will have defense for the 1st time in almost a decade
          Oh I have no doubt he can be a winner. Like you said elevated too soon and too fast. When they hired him I was pleased with the decision because of how he was as a player for tech. But I was also skeptical that the hype may be over rated.

Boy if we can have a defense this year, that would be a change of pace!! And you know, Kliffs coaching might could shine more if he has a defense to let his offense stay in front. Let's hope we score more than the other team more times than not this year. All we can do!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Please explain to me how LSU missed out on Kavontae when he was the 43rd ranked player in LA, and he never even had a scholarship offer. Kid was dynamic in HS as a WR, but he was also 5'8" 150 lbs dripping wet. LSU had higher profile recruits as they signed 4 of the top 5 WR's in LA for this class. Turpin's offer list was basically SunBelt schools. GP took a chance and it panned out b/c #25 was a perfect fit for the TCU offense. Turpin would have never seen the field at LSU and been buried in the depth chart.

Justin Rogers was a definite LSU "want" and still is until NSD. His HS coach was butt-hurt at LSU for the way they handled Brandon Harris who also played at Parkview. Harris transferred to UNC b/c he sucked as a QB at LSU and lost his starting job to a transfer from Purdue. Blame Les or Cam Cameron for that one, not Orgeron. LSU's 2017 offense is unproven as Rogers verballed to the school that fit his athleticism and skill set the best. Kid will do well in FTW.

Regarding the names you mentioned, and I've listed below: I'm still trying to understand, how does LSU miss out on these recruits when they were never even offered a scholarship ??

John Stephens - 3* ATH, 28th ranked player in LA. #671 National Composite
            Eddie Smith - 3* CB/WR, 39th ranked player in LA. #829 NC
            Hidari Ceaser - 3* S, 47th ranked player in LA. #1010 NC
            Derius Davis - 3* CB, 56th ranked player in LA. #1185 NC

Dude, these guys are NOT the top talent, premier recruits in the State. They are good 3* athletes who pretty much had offers to SunBelt schools and a few P5 programs.
            OK thanks for bringing me up to speed. So LSU does less with more highly ranked recruits and Patterson does more with ole piece o crap recruits. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
              I like it.

No more Horn v Aggie war.
              This too shall pass.

I was tempted to pull out some old material but it looks like .243 has it under control.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                This too shall pass.

I was tempted to pull out some old material but it looks like .243 has it under control.
                Yep. Sometimes it's just better to sit back and watch the world go by.

It can be highly entertaining.

Comment

OK thanks for bringing me up to speed. So LSU does less with more highly ranked recruits and Patterson does more with ole piece o crap recruits. Got it.

you're just figuring out that Miles did Less with More

now pay attention grasshopper cause this video might blow your mind
                  I introduce to you, LSU's new offense .... http://youtu.be/rj6BikkUzEY

FYI - Canada's PITT offense hung 43 in a W @ Clemson
                  Pitt was the only P5 team to score 28 pts. in every game last season

Canada's Offense + Aranda's Defense could = something real special

Got it ? Good

Comment

I'm drinking the burnt orange koolaid! This is our year! Book it!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      you're just figuring out that Miles did Less with More

now pay attention grasshopper cause this video might blow your mind
                      I introduce to you, LSU's new offense .... http://youtu.be/rj6BikkUzEY

FYI - Canada's PITT offense hung 43 in a W @ Clemson
                      Pitt was the only P5 team to score 28 pts. in every game last season

Canada's Offense + Aranda's Defense could = something real special

Got it ? Good
                      Well good luck with the musical chair offense this season and hope it works out for yall. Pitt has some smart cookies. Maybe Canada can dumb it down a little for bubba gump, water boy, and snake eyez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                        I'm drinking the burnt orange koolaid! This is our year! Book it!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                        Patek told me it was Kook Aid. Patiently waiting to add vodka.

Comment

Looks like it got a little 'froggy' in here last night

Comment

Well good luck with the musical chair offense this season and hope it works out for yall. Pitt has some smart cookies. Maybe Canada can dumb it down a little for bubba gump, water boy, and snake eyez.

Never heard of preseason butt hurt but there it is!!! [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Never heard of preseason butt hurt but there it is!!! [emoji2]

Why should I be butt hurt? You went to bed early last night

Comment

Well executed facelift. Before and after shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X