Potus sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
    Who? Natives? Depends...some say 30,000 years, some say 45,000. Or are you talking about tribes? Some have been distinct for 500-700 years. Some much more recent. My own ancestors, a branch of what became choctaws, came to my area after the obliteration of the Analco culture. The Spanish inadvertatley destroyed them with small pox in the 1500s.
    But state your point. And why trump should have mentioned any of that in the SOTU.
    I wasn’t making a point, I thought you were implying that American colonist had inhabited America for 500 years

Comment

He didn’t mention Indians...he didn’t mention the Irish, Italians, the Chinese, the Norwegians, or any of the hundreds of other nationalities or cultures that make us up. He said “AMERICANS”. Last I checked, native Americans were part of that label.
      As for that “purged history”, it happened. Over 500 years. What do YOU think he should have said about that?
      Just curious,
      You don't think those groups considered themselves Americans?
      Didn't they all come here to become Americans? I know the natives didn't but the rest of your list came here by choice didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        I wasn’t making a point, I thought you were implying that American colonist had inhabited America for 500 years

Oh, no!! I was thinking you referred to the indigenous people’s trump failed to embrace as “Americans” because he didn’t specifically mention them or the 500 years of expansion of Europeans into their lands.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Just curious,

You don't think those groups considered themselves Americans?

Didn't they all come here to become Americans? I know the natives didn't but the rest of your list came here by choice didn't they?

Of course they did. And they are indeed Americans. My post was in reply to another poster who expressed anger because trump didn’t specifically mention native Americans or the “purged history”, as he referred to it, of the European expansion. My question to him was...why would trump mention that in the SOTU?

Comment

Of course they did. And they are indeed Americans. My post was in reply to another poster who expressed anger because trump didn’t specifically mention native Americans or the “purged history”, as he referred to it, of the European expansion. My question to him was...why would trump mention that in the SOTU?
            Because he can

Comment

My apologies

Comment

Potus sotu

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                Because he can

Yes. Then what? Should he talk about slavery? The anti immigrant sentiment in the 1800s against the Irish? The mistreatment and murders of Chinese railroad workers? Should he pick one group over all others that you want attention drawn to instead of ALL Americans? Why? Don’t all Americans matter? It was a SOTU address. He gave a good one. Because he didn’t call attention to policy directed at natives by the government of this country over the course of history didn’t make it less.
                Last edited by Lostacresranch; 02-02-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Yes. Then what? Should he talk about slavery? The anti immigrant sentiment in the 1800s against the Irish? The mistreatment and murders of Chinese railroad workers? Should he pick one group over all others that you want attention drawn to instead of ALL Americans? Why? Don’t all Americans matter? It was a SOTU address. He gave a good one. Because he didn’t call attention to policy directed at natives by the government of this country over the course of history didn’t make it less.
                  Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    Sarcasm

Obviously over my head!

Comment

So...you liked the speech??
                      What is there to like?
                      I listen for portions that effect my life and prepare myself accordingly.
                      He said he's going to fix our horrible roads and bridges with an infrastructure program.
                      Same thing Osama said but houston roads are still in horrible shape.
                      Well actually Sylvester Turner is trying to fill potholes quicker.

He said a cop adopted a baby.
                      Cool.
                      Ok.
                      And???

Comment

If Maxine Waters had a son-----------------

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          If Maxine Waters had a son-----------------
                          I wish I was close enough so I could give you a high 5.

Comment

Potus sotu

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            What is there to like?
                            I listen for portions that effect my life and prepare myself accordingly.
                            He said he's going to fix our horrible roads and bridges with an infrastructure program.
                            Same thing Osama said but houston roads are still in horrible shape.
                            Well actually Sylvester Turner is trying to fill potholes quicker.

He said a cop adopted a baby.
                            Cool.
                            Ok.
                            And???

So trump says he will fix all those roads Obama promised you he would fix, but because Obama DIDNT fix them, your mad at trump...
                            You wanted him to talk about things that affect your life? Sorry you don’t pay taxes, depend on a better economy, or need a job, because those of us that do are seeing results.
                            Those potholes you whine about? Tell me, who runs Houston?
                            Trump said a lot of good things. You paid attention to none of them. But I’m happy your happy about that adaption.
                            Last edited by Lostacresranch; 02-03-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

So trump says he will fix all those roads Obama promised you he would fix, but because Obama DIDNT fix them, your mad at trump...
                              You wanted him to talk about things that affect your life? Sorry you don’t pay taxes, depend on a better economy, or need a job, because those of us that do are seeing results.
                              Those potholes you whine about? Tell me, who runs Houston?
                              Trump said a lot of good things. You paid attention to none of them. But I’m happy your happy about that adaption.

you really know how to hurt a liberal's feelings. Don't you know that truth to a lib is like kryptonite to superman?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                you really know how to hurt a liberal's feelings. Don't you know that truth to a lib is like kryptonite to superman?
                                Why do yall throw around the word liberal as if it is derogatory?

Liberal / conservative lives on a continuum.
                                Do you think blacks or women should be able to vote?
                                Depending upon how you answer that might flip your "conservative" badge if this was 100 years ago.

Do you think blacks should be able to go to the same schools and drink out of the same water fountain as whites?

50 years ago your label might be changed.

Unless you just want to be PC about it.

Again, what we think of as "conservative" today was probably ultra left wing a few decades ago.

When did accepting gay marriage become part of "conservatism"? But yet and still it is working its way in.
                                States rights I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X